Lincecum Wallpaper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Lincecum Wallpaper

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Re: Lincecum Wallpaper

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I think it's kind of meh. It's a got a great HQ render to work with but I think everything around it becomes too distracting because it all doesn't blend with itself together. I think if everything in the back became more subtle it'd be a lot easier to look at. I won't mention much about the text since it's been brought up but that could be better too. If there was more blend and what I feel would be more color(it's muted almost right now, mostly blacks and a bit of orange) and some finer details, I think it could have a lot more going for it.

I know you're working with GIMP so you're already limited somewhat, but I've seen some sweet stuff come from designers out of GIMP, so it can be done. It's good to be working on walls though, anything you work with on walls can translate to sigs, sometimes that doesn't work the other way around.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby soty » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:48 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I think it's kind of meh. It's a got a great HQ render to work with but I think everything around it becomes too distracting because it all doesn't blend with itself together. I think if everything in the back became more subtle it'd be a lot easier to look at. I won't mention much about the text since it's been brought up but that could be better too. If there was more blend and what I feel would be more color(it's muted almost right now, mostly blacks and a bit of orange) and some finer details, I think it could have a lot more going for it.

I know you're working with GIMP so you're already limited somewhat, but I've seen some sweet stuff come from designers out of GIMP, so it can be done. It's good to be working on walls though, anything you work with on walls can translate to sigs, sometimes that doesn't work the other way around.
To each their own. ;-) I have no problem with constructive criticism. ;-D Thanks for the comments and I will try to work on some of the stuff you mentioned in the future. ;-D
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DrunkenWabbit » Tue May 12, 2009 2:24 am

soty wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I think it's kind of meh. It's a got a great HQ render to work with but I think everything around it becomes too distracting because it all doesn't blend with itself together. I think if everything in the back became more subtle it'd be a lot easier to look at. I won't mention much about the text since it's been brought up but that could be better too. If there was more blend and what I feel would be more color(it's muted almost right now, mostly blacks and a bit of orange) and some finer details, I think it could have a lot more going for it.

To each their own. ;-) I have no problem with constructive criticism. ;-D Thanks for the comments and I will try to work on some of the stuff you mentioned in the future. ;-D

I'm no graphic artist or anything of the sort......but I must say this is the best Lincecum wallpaper i have seen. I am just a Giants fan looking for some great wallpaper for my desktop. This wallpaper is currently sitting on one of my dual monitors and I am looking for another.......do you have a Matt Cain one by any chance? Something similar but with Matt Cain in there instead?
DrunkenWabbit
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Contests and Showing Off