CBS Commissioner service is open - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Commissioner service is open

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby kab21 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:59 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:I would absolutely love the option to make it public however, If a trade gets overturned, then it is made public who vetoed a trade.

So may times a trade will get overturned and no one will own up to it.

I guess it's not a really big deal to me, but I think veto votes should be public. Our commish (EPSN league) called one guy out who voted to veto every single trade last year (the commish could see veto votes). One reason to not make them public would be an owner vetoing a trade just for spite because he knew that that owner vetoed his trade. But I guess I would prefer to play in a more mature league to begin with.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 pm

kab21 wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:I would absolutely love the option to make it public however, If a trade gets overturned, then it is made public who vetoed a trade.

I guess it's not a really big deal to me, but I think veto votes should be public. Our commish (EPSN league) called one guy out who voted to veto every single trade last year (the commish could see veto votes). One reason to not make them public would be an owner vetoing a trade just for spite because he knew that that owner vetoed his trade. But I guess I would prefer to play in a more mature league to begin with.

Here's a solution. Eliminate vetoes!

[Take it away, Matthias :-D ]
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 pm

noseeum wrote:
kab21 wrote:

Search function!!!!! :-b
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Matthias » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:06 pm

RugbyD wrote:
noseeum wrote:
kab21 wrote:

At least noseeum and I arrived at a shared understanding over here; I still haven't managed to convert anyone over on the Dark Side. :-D
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Matthias wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
noseeum wrote:

At least noseeum and I arrived at a shared understanding over here; I still haven't managed to convert anyone over on the Dark Side. :-D

Haha. if i recall correctly i don't think we see eye-to-eye on this issue. }:-) :-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Matthias » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:02 pm

RugbyD wrote:Haha. if i recall correctly i don't think we see eye-to-eye on this issue. }:-) :-D

Among others.

But you're not one of the unofficial-self-anointed-nobody-knows-about-it-but-us Moderators of the Commissioner's Corner like noseeum and I are. ;-)
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby captoats85 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:12 am

What they really need to add is an option for lineups to lock 30 min before EACH game of the day, not just the FIRST game of the day. I've renewed my league there, but if there's one common wish between members of my league, that's probably it. And we've said it for the last 2-3 years and I've written to CBS several times and suggested it. But CBS is generally very good.

I'd like rich text options when creating league news/message board posts, but those are lesser concerns.

I think it's likely they take their new homepage (cbssports.com) display style and put that on the main league pages.
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby THE TERMINATOR » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:21 am

Curtis Pride wrote:It's amazing what people think is expensive.

How much time you spend on your fantasy league each day?

At least 30 minutes a day, right? Maybe even an hour or more?

$150 per league / 12 teams = $12.50 per team / 24 weeks in the season = $0.52 per team per week / 7 days in the week = $.08 per team per day / 1.5 hours a day = $.05 per hour.

You are spending a nickel an hour on Sportsline.

And really, most every league also costs money. Sportsline may be $30 more than ESPN or Yahoo or whatever, but if you do the math, you are talking about like 3 cents a day difference per team.

Yeah, But you are overlooking that there could some people who have pay it in the past without a thought about but because the economy in the tank and many losing there jobs and many worried they may. I can see there maybe be a few how think that's expensive when once they thought wasn't.
THE TERMINATOR
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 am

captoats85 wrote:What they really need to add is an option for lineups to lock 30 min before EACH game of the day, not just the FIRST game of the day. I've renewed my league there, but if there's one common wish between members of my league, that's probably it. And we've said it for the last 2-3 years and I've written to CBS several times and suggested it. But CBS is generally very good.

I'd like rich text options when creating league news/message board posts, but those are lesser concerns.

Those are two good ones - did you post them as questions on their help page? They have responded to some requests (like rankings this year), so the more people that make these types of suggestions, the more likely it is that they'll implement them.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby captoats85 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Yeah, that's what I did. I also e-mailed Eric Mack about it.

It would be nice to be able to sort free agents by age ... especially helpful in leagues with prospects.
captoats85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers