CBS Commissioner service is open - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Commissioner service is open

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm

The biggest pet peeve I have is the dialog box in which to type posts on the messageboard is insanely small. Like 80% of the page is wasted gray space and you have to type in this tiny little box. It makes no sense.

I'd also like them to keep messages for a longer period of time.

One thing that I really like on Yahoo is that you can see when the last time someone has logged into the league. There was a guy that nobody heard of for 3 weeks in my league and everyone wanted to kick him out of the league. Turns out he was checking the league, he just didn't have to make any moves or changes to his roster.

CBS has added a "rank" portion this year - at least for the their projections. I don't know if it's something they will continue to update like ESPN/Yahoo do.

They've also (finally) added a couple small changes to their trading mechanism. First you can review your own proposed traded. Formally once you proposed it, you could no longer review it again to see if you really wanted to keep it up. The only button was "cancel trade". That sucked. No more.

Also when I got trade rejection notices through email, it would just say "Your trade to Team X has been rejected", but didn't tell me what they had rejected. So there were times that they rejected a trade and I re-proposed the exact same trade to them. That was annoying. Also fixed.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tread42 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Is CBS offering the integrated FantasyAuctioneer option this year?
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Matthias » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Not sure about the FantasyAuctioneer; they didn't offer it for their football product this year, which makes me think that maybe the alliance didn't work out as well as both sides were hoping.

But our league has been on Sportsline since its inception 3 seasons ago, and this year for the first time one guy suggested maybe moving it. I think our first year it was $130 but the you could get it down to $90 or so with discount codes. The "discount price" of $150 is definitely getting up there.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fast dogs » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:31 pm

they have their own auction feature this year
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:CBS has added a "rank" portion this year - at least for the their projections. I don't know if it's something they will continue to update like ESPN/Yahoo do.

So they have... from their help page, it is a proprietary roto value/rank based on the 5x5 categories. Since my main league in CBS happens to be standard 5x5, this is good for me (though it'd be nice if it were league specific). This also takes care of my other pet peeve about how they sort the stats reports since that is the default sort.

They've also (finally) added a couple small changes to their trading mechanism. First you can review your own proposed traded. Formally once you proposed it, you could no longer review it again to see if you really wanted to keep it up. The only button was "cancel trade". That sucked. No more.

I don't see how the trading setup is any different. I know that last year (and the year before) you could evaluate your offer before you offered it - are you saying something different?
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Tread42 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:11 am

I'd like to see a screenshot or a demo of their auction function.

Also, one thing our league has continued to request is an audit feature of the veto process. Should a league choose to make vetos public, instead of the anonymous process they have today.
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mike_nyc » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am

Tread42 wrote:I'd like to see a screenshot or a demo of their auction function.

Also, one thing our league has continued to request is an audit feature of the veto process. Should a league choose to make vetos public, instead of the anonymous process they have today.

I like that one. We actually are throwing around the idea of handling vetoes via email.
Mike_nyc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:05 am

Mike_nyc wrote:

I like that one. We actually are throwing around the idea of handling vetoes via email.

If I'm not mistaken, CBS doesn't really have a veto process. They have an "objection" process where if enough people object to a trade then the commissioner has to process it. We use that in our league - if even one person in our league objects then we make both trade partners justify their side of the trade. Others get a chance to comment, and then we do an open league vote via email/message board.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:11 am

Bloody Sox wrote:

I don't see how the trading setup is any different. I know that last year (and the year before) you could evaluate your offer before you offered it - are you saying something different?

I'm saying you know can review your offer AFTER you've offered it as well. Previously in Sportsline once you offered a trade, you couldn't open it up and re-evaluate it. The only option was to cancel it. I tend to have wet feet sometimes with trade offers once they stay open for a day or two and so I like to re-open them and make sure I want to keep them.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 am

Bloody Sox wrote:
Mike_nyc wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, CBS doesn't really have a veto process. They have an "objection" process where if enough people object to a trade then the commissioner has to process it. We use that in our league - if even one person in our league objects then we make both trade partners justify their side of the trade. Others get a chance to comment, and then we do an open league vote via email/message board.

I would absolutely love the option to make it public however, If a trade gets overturned, then it is made public who vetoed a trade.

So may times a trade will get overturned and no one will own up to it.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers