CBS Commissioner service is open - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Commissioner service is open

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:28 pm

kemper5 wrote:Im going into my 3rd year as a commish and still have not got a dime from last years "Promised" $50 referral program, Ive sent 3 messages to them (Since mid Nov) via my CBS league homepage, and they keep telling me the $$ has not been sent out yet. My commish friends have received theirs..Weird!?


I received mine several months ago.
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6490
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:37 pm

kemper5 wrote:Im going into my 3rd year as a commish and still have not got a dime from last years "Promised" $50 referral program, Ive sent 3 messages to them (Since mid Nov) via my CBS league homepage, and they keep telling me the $$ has not been sent out yet. My commish friends have received theirs..Weird!?

I forgot about that $50. I never got it either.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1363
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 19 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby kemper5 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:
kemper5 wrote:Im going into my 3rd year as a commish and still have not got a dime from last years "Promised" $50 referral program, Ive sent 3 messages to them (Since mid Nov) via my CBS league homepage, and they keep telling me the $$ has not been sent out yet. My commish friends have received theirs..Weird!?

I forgot about that $50. I never got it either.


Send them a message through your league..They will reply telling you this (which I copied and pasted directly from CBS....)

"The rebate checks will be mailed out within the next few weeks."

This message has been told to me for a couple months now.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :-t
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1726
Joined: 22 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Grouperman941 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:54 pm

barrylevine23 wrote:does anyone know if you are starting with cbs commissioner for the first time how to input keepers (4) and then set it to have a live draft for the remaining players?


If each team has a lineup page already (I have not done a new league here in several years, so I am not 100% on this) You can just add the players to the team. The draft room will automatically see them as keepers, as long as you are 'keeper' in your settings and you are past yourkeeper deadline.

I don't mind the price increase this year, mostly because the site has been ready for 2009 for a few months. (Stats rolled forward, keeper boxes set up, etc.)

$12 each for my 14-team league. Cheap entertainment. ;-D
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2079
Joined: 2 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rays Country

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:27 am

In CBS Commissioner, under Setup|Drafts and Rosters there is an option at the botton available only to the commissioner to set the keeper policy. You can have no keepers, Commish sets keepers or owners set keepers and the number of keepers allowed. I usually only let myself set team keepers. A check box will appear on the roster's page and allow you to designate each team's keepers. Those players will be retained by the each team once you select the Process keepers link which appears on the bottom of the same page. Everyone else gets deleted to the draft.

Oh, and the price increase is outrageous. I know it is still cost effective per team, but CBS charged $130 for it last season. Now it is $150 after their so-called discount. In a ten team league that is 15 dollars a player, which while not expensive is starting to get up there. Say what you will about Yahoo, it is free and gets the job done for the bulk of standard league formats and the more they (CBS) raise the price, the more they start the inevitable league discussions to switch over to Yahoo and save the fee. It has already begun in one of my leagues.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamFantasy Expert
Posts: 3943
(Past Year: 830)
Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:46 am

Curtis Pride wrote:It's amazing what people think is expensive.

How much time you spend on your fantasy league each day?

At least 30 minutes a day, right? Maybe even an hour or more?

$150 per league / 12 teams = $12.50 per team / 24 weeks in the season = $0.52 per team per week / 7 days in the week = $.08 per team per day / 1.5 hours a day = $.05 per hour.

You are spending a nickel an hour on Sportsline.

And really, most every league also costs money. Sportsline may be $30 more than ESPN or Yahoo or whatever, but if you do the math, you are talking about like 3 cents a day difference per team.


i agree it's not that much per team, i'm just wondering why they need to increase the price for essentially the same product they've had for years
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:26 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Curtis Pride wrote:It's amazing what people think is expensive.

How much time you spend on your fantasy league each day?

At least 30 minutes a day, right? Maybe even an hour or more?

$150 per league / 12 teams = $12.50 per team / 24 weeks in the season = $0.52 per team per week / 7 days in the week = $.08 per team per day / 1.5 hours a day = $.05 per hour.

You are spending a nickel an hour on Sportsline.

And really, most every league also costs money. Sportsline may be $30 more than ESPN or Yahoo or whatever, but if you do the math, you are talking about like 3 cents a day difference per team.


i agree it's not that much per team, i'm just wondering why they need to increase the price for essentially the same product they've had for years


Because they know we will pay it! They are sitting there saying to themselves, "it's only $.05/hour per team!!" ha
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 101
Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Mike_nyc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:53 pm

I received a message from them last week in response to a question I head on league setup, and they replied with mentioning that there are a bunch of new additions upcoming in the next few weeks.

You can argue the validity of a price increase either way, but im glad that they are continuing to improve the product.
Mike_nyc
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 328
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Mike_nyc wrote:I received a message from them last week in response to a question I head on league setup, and they replied with mentioning that there are a bunch of new additions upcoming in the next few weeks.

You can argue the validity of a price increase either way, but im glad that they are continuing to improve the product.

Did they say what the improvements were? I have one giant pet peeve (and two small ones) with CBS that I hope they do something about:

1. There's no way to compare a player (usually free agent) against your current roster to see who you want to drop. I find this incredibly annoying.

2. There is no "actual rank" based on league setup. I know some people feel that it is a positive that there is no concept of a rank because it forces you to do a closer analysis of the stats, but often its hard to get trade partners to get into those details. Some people need the comfort of knowing that they are making an equitable deal. (Note: I'm not talking about something like Yahoo's O-Rank, which is arbitrary and often completely wrong - I'm talking of an actual rank based on stats and league setup).

3. Its retarded that the stat reports default to being sorted alphabetically. This isn't a big deal, just stupid. At least sort by at-bats or something reasonable. I'm tired of seeing Andy Abernathy every time I go to look up some stats :-)
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: CBS Commissioner service is open

Postby Mike_nyc » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Bloody Sox wrote:
Mike_nyc wrote:I received a message from them last week in response to a question I head on league setup, and they replied with mentioning that there are a bunch of new additions upcoming in the next few weeks.

You can argue the validity of a price increase either way, but im glad that they are continuing to improve the product.

Did they say what the improvements were? I have one giant pet peeve (and two small ones) with CBS that I hope they do something about:

1. There's no way to compare a player (usually free agent) against your current roster to see who you want to drop. I find this incredibly annoying.

2. There is no "actual rank" based on league setup. I know some people feel that it is a positive that there is no concept of a rank because it forces you to do a closer analysis of the stats, but often its hard to get trade partners to get into those details. Some people need the comfort of knowing that they are making an equitable deal. (Note: I'm not talking about something like Yahoo's O-Rank, which is arbitrary and often completely wrong - I'm talking of an actual rank based on stats and league setup).

3. Its retarded that the stat reports default to being sorted alphabetically. This isn't a big deal, just stupid. At least sort by at-bats or something reasonable. I'm tired of seeing Andy Abernathy every time I go to look up some stats :-)


I run a points based league and they mentioned some new default stats that were being added, but I'd shoot them an email the service has usually been pretty responsive I'm sure they would provide details.

Our leagues stats usually show according to highest points. I guess you have to export to excel to sort?
Mike_nyc
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 328
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact