Single Season Auction Constitution help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Single Season Auction Constitution help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Single Season Auction Constitution help

Postby thebleachercreatures » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I am looking to start an auction league for 2009. I have never done an auction league so probably am leaning towards it being a non keeper.

I have used the search tool but have only found very complex rules involving keepers, contracts and minor league players.

The league will be 5x5 mixed roto. 2C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 5OF, 9P, 5 Bench

One of my main questions is for most auctions the budget is 260. However, since its a single season league, after the initial draft do you forget about salaries. We would use FAAB for free agents. So for trading and other pickups, do we forget about their salary or do they still come into play. I would think it be easier to trade if salaries weren't involved.

I would like to do an auction keeper but would like to start with a non keeper since I haven't done one before.

All help is appreciated.
thebleachercreatures
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Single Season Auction Constitution help

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Since it's a keeper, the salaries don't matter. The only reasons salaries come into play is to ensure teams aren't trading away all of their good (expensive) players for $1 players and playing for next year.

So the constitution for an auction should be absolutely no different than that for a snake draft league other than whatever rules you want to take place in the auction portion.

That said, I would absolutely recommend making your auction league a keeper league. They are so amazingly fun. The most difficult part of setting a keeper league up is figuring out to manage the keeper aspect. If you are already doing an auction - that's the easiest way to do it, so it really wouldn't require any more heavy lifting on your part.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Single Season Auction Constitution help

Postby baizboll » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I used to play in a league where the salary cap increased on 3 different dates during the season. Here's a link to the rules they use.
http://baseball.mocksports.com/fbbrules.htm
Ignore the info on new league drafts. The rest of the write-up may be helpful in getting started.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner