Greatest Forum Ever? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Greatest Forum Ever?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Greatest Forum Ever?

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:07 am

knapplc wrote:I don't think you need any more explanation for that forum than this:

Joynice wrote:Joynice is a GiantsFan14

Third Post Down

LOL :-S

GiantsFan14 wrote:Actually my butt really hurts instead of my back, because I noticed this when sitting down, but still I am marrying Joy next month which is gonna be way better than the Jay Lethal/Miss SoCal Val Elizabeth wedding from TNA Slammiversary 08.

http://tarisspeed.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general&num=1208402473&action=display&start=0

WTF?

People with these kinds of conditions say some fascinating things. My sister works with mentally ill people, and one of them thinks she is the queen of New Zealand. When she gets angry she says to my sister "Do you know who I am?" Kind of sad and hilarious at the same time.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:03 pm

knapplc wrote:It could be a therapeutic thing for him. Who knows. I find humor in it, but I'm not laughing at him. I deal with people every day who have disabilities. They're real people, they just have a different set of circumstances in their lives than most. It doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humor, though, and just like the rest of us, they can laugh at themselves when they do something silly. I choose to believe this guy is having fun with this, it's a release for him, and I laugh along with the "joke."

I see nothing wrong with that.

bigh0rt wrote:If this is a person with autism then this is a tremendous outlet for him, and I think it's awesome that he's able to maintain such a thing. I teach autistic students during the summer, and they're really extraordinary people, all over the spectrum.

Just to be clear, I basically agree with these two posts. I find some humor in it but upon realizing that it's probably a good outlet for him to have, I saw it in a completely different perspective.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:54 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
knapplc wrote:It could be a therapeutic thing for him. Who knows. I find humor in it, but I'm not laughing at him. I deal with people every day who have disabilities. They're real people, they just have a different set of circumstances in their lives than most. It doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humor, though, and just like the rest of us, they can laugh at themselves when they do something silly. I choose to believe this guy is having fun with this, it's a release for him, and I laugh along with the "joke."

I see nothing wrong with that.

bigh0rt wrote:If this is a person with autism then this is a tremendous outlet for him, and I think it's awesome that he's able to maintain such a thing. I teach autistic students during the summer, and they're really extraordinary people, all over the spectrum.

Just to be clear, I basically agree with these two posts. I find some humor in it but upon realizing that it's probably a good outlet for him to have, I saw it in a completely different perspective.

Oh make no mistake about it JRM, this is hysterical stuff. :-b Even if this is an autistic kid, that makes the content no less funny. It just makes it a great thing for him to be able to do, and hysterical for onlookers at the same time.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Previous

Return to General Talk