Fantasy Baseball Website - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball Website

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Baseball Website

Postby ninremix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:59 pm

I usually like to subscribe to one website for good fantasy information and articles in addition to the wonderful FantasyBaseballCafe.com. I am a huge fan of FootballGuys.com for fantasy football ... any recommendations for a fantasy baseball websites to subscribe too?
ninremix
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Baseball Website

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:06 pm

why would you pay for information that you can almost definitely get for free at the cafe??? :-?

Besides I put more weight on what the folks say here than anywhere else...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:45 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:why would you pay for information that you can almost definitely get for free at the cafe??? :-?

Besides I put more weight on what the folks say here than anywhere else...

Yup. I do like theFantasyman.com, largely for entertainment and "thought" value.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ayebatter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Dude, if ya gotta read someone go to Razzball, Grey is hilarious. You'll also find a bunch of links to other free sites.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Send me money and I won't ban you, then it'll be like paying for a site. I take PayPal. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby neoforce » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:07 pm

ninremix asked a reasonable question and there is no need to trash him for it. I understand the cafe mentality and agree this is the best site for fantasy baseball information, and you can't beat the cost. But there are plenty of pay sites out there some with very valuable information, and it seems reasonable to answer his question.

I'm no expert on what is out there, but I'll give a couple I have heard of.

It seems lots of folks like baseballhq.com. It is very pricey, and they have a very strong focus on the numbers. It isn't worth it to me, but I know it is well respected.

http://baseballprospectus.com/ is another one that seems well respected.

Another great resource is http://www.fantasybaseballhub.com. The hub itself is free, but they provide links to all sorts of other services and show which ones are pay services.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:10 pm

neoforce wrote:ninremix asked a reasonable question and there is no need to trash him for it. I understand the cafe mentality and agree this is the best site for fantasy baseball information, and you can't beat the cost. But there are plenty of pay sites out there some with very valuable information, and it seems reasonable to answer his question.

I'm no expert on what is out there, but I'll give a couple I have heard of.

It seems lots of folks like baseballhq.com. It is very pricey, and they have a very strong focus on the numbers. It isn't worth it to me, but I know it is well respected.

http://baseballprospectus.com/ is another one that seems well respected.

Another great resource is http://www.fantasybaseballhub.com. The hub itself is free, but they provide links to all sorts of other services and show which ones are pay services.

I don't think anyone trashed him at all. I can't add anything helpful because I've never used a fantasy pay site. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 pm

ninremix wrote:I usually like to subscribe to one website for good fantasy information and articles in addition to the wonderful FantasyBaseballCafe.com. I am a huge fan of FootballGuys.com for fantasy football ... any recommendations for a fantasy baseball websites to subscribe too?

Hardball Times puts out some really nice articles worth reading. I used to read a blog called Nine Bo Jacksons that was tremendous, but I can't seem to find it anymore -- I think it may no longer exist (:-/). For $3/month, you can join Bill James Online, which I've heard is quite good. I strongly recommend the Prospectus, as neoforce suggested, and Fangraphs is also a great resource. My favorite site, Cafe aside, for non-forum updates is Baseball Think Factory, which I read religiously during the season. Happy hunting! ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:15 pm

fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:no love for http://www.rotoauthority.com ?

All of the above sites are a good read, and free for the most part.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers