Nomar or Renteria ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nomar or Renteria ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:54 pm

if you need more power and rbi, then you want nomar.

if you're pretty set in HR and RBI, then you'd want renteria for those luscious high-average non-rbi-compromising steals.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby titanut » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:48 pm

TSN live draft was held today, picking 5th I got: Beltran, Renteria,
and B Boone in the first 3 rounds. Ended up with decent pitching
loazia,K Brown, R Wolf and Ponson. Rivera and Mantei as closers.
other starters Chipper, R Winn, M Sweeney and Hinske. I feel
pretty good about my chances.
titanut
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby swoosh3esq » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:47 pm

biju wrote:Is there a specific reason you guys aren't also talking about Tejada as well? Personally, I seem to prefer Tejada over Renteria but I could be convinced otherwise. I have the #18 overall pick (along with #3 which I suspect I will go Soriano) and I was kind of targeting Tejada but if there's some better logic please let me know.

Gracias.

I was in your same position. I took Soriano with the 3 pick and was looking at either tejada or renteria for the 18th pick. Tejada went early so I ended up with renteria at 18.
swoosh3esq
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Fort » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:56 am

Interesting... I too have the 3rd pick and was highly considering a SS at #18 or #23. I'm real lucky to be expecting Pujols with my #3 (i know my two buddies are taking Arod/Soriano!!!) but would like to get either Nomar or Tejada at #18, or Renteria at #23. Unless some other stud falls to me, that's the plan
Fort
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mtarail » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:12 am

I don't know why people love Nomahhh so much. Maybe it's because they remember how completely dominant he was before his injury problems. He looked like he could one day be the best player in baseball.

But I've been consistently passing up Nomar and grabbing Renteria at the end of the 2nd. This guy hit for a higher average than any other SS this year. He stole more bases than any other infielder besides Soriano, who beat him--by 1!. He is a stud with RBI's and runs. I'd rather let people reach for Nomahh at the end of the 1st round and the beginning of the 2nd and snap Renteria up at the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

SS

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:22 am

mtarail wrote:I don't know why people love Nomahhh so much. Maybe it's because they remember how completely dominant he was before his injury problems. He looked like he could one day be the best player in baseball.

But I've been consistently passing up Nomar and grabbing Renteria at the end of the 2nd. This guy hit for a higher average than any other SS this year. He stole more bases than any other infielder besides Soriano, who beat him--by 1!. He is a stud with RBI's and runs. I'd rather let people reach for Nomahh at the end of the 1st round and the beginning of the 2nd and snap Renteria up at the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:26 am

amen x2...................and nice quote ;-D Tyson was a roid raging animal, but that's why he was so good. I don't even know if he ever used roids, but he sure acts like he did.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers