Advanced, deep dynasty league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Advanced, deep dynasty league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Advanced, deep dynasty league

Postby arneolson » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:33 am

I am recruiting for two leagues that I commish at Mendoza Baseball. Mendoza Baseball is a unique franchise ownership simulation game that is designed to simulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible. The scoring is based on a complex but intuitive system that mostly boils down to runs above replacement level and matches up pretty well to advanced player valuations like VORP.

Among other features, Mendoza Baseball has:

* An e-Bay style free agent auction where you can sign veterans to multi-year contracts
* 40-man major league rosters, with 25 active spots
* Minor league rosters of up to 20 players and a system of waivers and options for moving players between rosters
* The ability to develop and keep prospects through a reserve clause system with an arbitration simulator
* A full-blown economic model where teams compete to earn profits as well as wins
* Intelligent, dedicated owners that manage their franchises year-round

This game is definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game you've been looking for. I have one opening in the flagship Mendoza AL Classic league, a 12-team AL-only league, and another in the 13 team, NL-only Bill Caudill Memorial League. As an added inducement, some of the 2009 salaries are covered by the previous owner. Email me at arneolson@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Arne
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Advanced, deep dynasty league

Postby arneolson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:42 pm

I have a last-minute opening in the NL-only Bill Caudill League. The team is in pretty decent shape with good contracts for Rick Ankiel, Ryan Braun and Yovani Gallardo as well as some sleepers. There are lots of veterans available in the auction so the team could be competitive this year, plus it has a solid foundation for building for the long term. Go here and click on "The Isotopes": http://www.mendozabaseball.com/signup.asp.

The auctions are not for a week or two so there is plenty of time to jump in and get to know the system. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested. I would like to make a decision on the new owner as quickly as possible.

Arne
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

Postby arneolson » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 am

All keeper league spots are long since gone, but there is still time to get into the single-year, Mike Morgan Redraft League. The Morgan League is a great way to get to know the format and make sure you like it before committing to a keeper team. Plus as a current Mendoza owner, you would have the inside track on any teams that come available in keeper leagues during the year or in the fall and could grab them before commissioners start open recruiting. It can make a big difference to get a team that's in decent shape versus one that's a total rebuild.

There are several leagues with auctions closing Thursday night between 8 and 11 PM EDT. Just go the Mendoza home page: http://www.mendozabaseball.com, select a league from the drop-down menu and then go to "Auctions-->Current Auction" to follow the action. The Caudill, Randle and Kearney Leagues all have auctions closing tonight.

We have 8 teams in the NL-only Morgan League and are looking for 2-4 more. Come join us! You won't regret it.

Arne
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

Postby arneolson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Up to nine owners, still looking for 1-3 more. I will waive the $40 web and stats fee because it's late and I want to get the league filled. So you will play for free and maybe earn some money back. Auctions will be next week, probably Sun-Wed. Take a look!
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm not really sure how this works but I'm interested
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby arneolson » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:45 am

Ten owners now, two spots still available. The first auction is Sunday night, closing at 11 PM EDT/8 PM PDT. Bidding is live now, so you can go and see what prices players are going for. Of course there will be a lot of movement toward the auction close. There will also be auctions on Monday and Tuesday at 8 PM EDT/5 PM PDT.

There is lots of detail on the site about the how it works, but the best place to start is the tour: http://www.mendozabaseball.com/tour/. The basic idea is you bid on players in an eBay style auction. The salary cap of $185 is supposed to keep salaries at a 1/1,000,000 scale compared to MLB. You bid with real money, which goes into a pot. The pot is shared out at the end of the season based on wins and standings with every team getting something back. Scoring is based on runs created and runs allowed, which are combined into a W-L record based on Bill James' pythagorean theorem.

It's way more intricate and interesting than all of that, but this should give you the general idea. Take a look and email me at arneolson@yahoo.com if you have specific questions.
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Classifieds