Post your wierd dreams here! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Post your wierd dreams here!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Post your wierd dreams here!

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Good advice! You would be surprised how many dreams corelate to this.

Dream of falling off a building, getting hit by a car, killing santa; apparently everything means your sleeping around! FYI, I do not cheat on my wife. And no, staring is NOT cheating! :-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wake » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:01 am

Old_Style wrote:Does anybody else frequently have lucid dreams? It's when you're aware that you're dreaming while the dream is in progress and/or you're able to control what's going on in your dream.

I never really read anything about it, as to what causes them or why they occur. I always thought that was how dreams were supposed to be until I got into a conversation about it with a buddy, and he started telling me a little bit about them.

I'll occassionally have them but most of the time that I realize I'm in a dream it causes me to wake up. It can be disturbing if it happens in a nightmare though. I remember once when I was in a deep sleep and became fully aware I was in a nightmare. I tried to force myself awake but couldn't do it at first. It was only after a lot of effort that I was able to get through and wake myself up. It felt like pushing through a bubble that you just couldn't quite break through.

One of the weirdest dreams I've had recently was when a friend and I had traveled to North Carolina to watch a Panthers game. We were staying at a hotel and had scheduled to have room service deliver breakfast to us early the next morning. That night, I had at least 7-10 seperate dreams about waking up the next morning and getting the breakfast delivered. Every one would be a different scenario though. Sometimes the room service would forget to deliver it, sometimes a food item would be missing and we'd have to call to get it fixed, sometimes we'd learn that we forgot to put out the room service request form at all, etc. Once I even dreamt I woke up from the dreams, told my friend about the weird series of dreams I kept having, and then had the breakfast delivered- only to realize that that was a dream too. By the time the actual breakfast did come, I was slightly annoyed and confused by the whole thing.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:20 am

i have dreams about my teeth shattering in my mouth often!

you guys think it has anything to do with grinding your teeth while you sleep?

i had a weird one last night. i was on the run again. i forget who was after me, but i never seem to be caught. im like a jack bauer type in my dreams and i tend to have one partner. last night it was my girlfriend's english bulldog. at one point, i had to leave her (the bulldog) behind, so i told her to stay at this like fort/bunker in the woods. i told her not to go anywhere until i came back. apparently, in the dream i was gone for a long time (several months) and the dog was still there when i came back and we were reunited. i woke up right after this.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:58 am

Never once have I had a dream involving my teeth falling out. Actually this is the first I ever heard of that. I'm afraid to sleep now. :-o

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:33 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i have dreams about my teeth shattering in my mouth often!

you guys think it has anything to do with grinding your teeth while you sleep?

I have this type quite often and I'm pretty sure that it has to do with grinding your teeth.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm

While participating in a bench press competition at the local gym, I was watching ESPN's coverage of breaking news. CC Sabathia, a member of the Texas Rangers, was traded to the Seattle Mariners for Adrian Beltre.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk