Post your wierd dreams here! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Post your wierd dreams here!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Post your wierd dreams here!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:34 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Thatsa very descriptive dream AD 8-o. I always have dreams about meeting players/ getting autographs from them only to wake up and get mad to realize i never me them and dont have an auto. I remember when Thome was on the phillies i had a dream i met him and he signed a bat for me ( i wasnt even a big fan of him at the time) and I was so happy. I woke up soon after looked around and just said, "Damn" :-b

I normally have dreams where I'm traveling, often times destinations I'm very familiar with and others that I'm exploring for the first time. I think it's because I was used to traveling for much of my life, but for the last few years, I've done less of that which subconsciously makes me nostalgic of my old travels and the desire to travel to places I haven't been before. Just last night, I had a dream I was walking around an airport terminal. I reckon it was Asia given how state of the art and how modern the architecture was, with some subtle and not-so-subtle hints that it was derived from ancient Asian architecture (I've never been to Asia personally and would absolutely love to go). At any rate, I was walking down the terminal with just a hand-carry, looking to transfer on another flight to reach my ultimate destination (think I was on a business trip). I walked past a gate that caught my attention. There was a big sign next to the entrance of the gate with an England flag with the text "DAKAR" on top of it. I asked the people, most of whom Asian, if Dakar really was in England and how in the world I wasn't aware of it in the many times I had visited England (of course, Dakar is in Senegal).

That dream wasn't as detailed as the one I already described, but I have a photographic memory of most dreams. As I've gotten older, of course, I remember less in vivid detail but I'm selective in what dreams I'll remember. Also, I think you'll remember most dreams you have in the final 30 minutes to an hour of sleep, which is when you go through REM sleep.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Old_Style wrote:Does anybody else frequently have lucid dreams? It's when you're aware that you're dreaming while the dream is in progress and/or you're able to control what's going on in your dream.

I never really read anything about it, as to what causes them or why they occur. I always thought that was how dreams were supposed to be until I got into a conversation about it with a buddy, and he started telling me a little bit about them.

I have these types of dreams, always towards the time when I wake up, and sometimes I can even wake up, and go back to bed and get right back into the dream. Sometimes they're real cool and I'm all superherioc and what not, and other times people are trying to kill me and I'm being chased.

Anyone else ever get the falling sensation/feeling when they wake up, like they hit their mattress as if they fell from the ceiling? I usually get it when I doze off and wake up like 20 - 30 minutes into my night's sleep, or if I take a nap. Very weird stuff.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:31 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i often have dreams where i'm checking my fantasy stats (sometimes good, sometimes bad) only to wake up and realize it never happened

very, VERY often. lots of times, its not even crazy. just simple things like oooo Ian Kinsler went 3-5 with 3 runs scored and an rbi. very strange.

almost 4 or 5 nights a week for the past couple months, i have a similar type of dream. im always on the run from police, bad guys, a military, something. there always seems to be a manhunt for me and im always with my "crew" but its never the same people. they never catch me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 am

I'd say it's normal to have dreams where someone's pursuing you. With me, I'm usually on guard and sometimes looking for something suspicious; my dreams are reflective of this. Whenever I see someone eyeing me suspiciously, I think they'll pull out a weapon and in my dreams, it's almost always true. Then, each time, it results in me pulling out two guns John Woo style and firing at them with no fear, kind of like Chow Yun-Fat coincidentally. :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'd say it's normal to have dreams where someone's pursuing you. With me, I'm usually on guard and sometimes looking for something suspicious; my dreams are reflective of this. Whenever I see someone eyeing me suspiciously, I think they'll pull out a weapon and in my dreams, it's almost always true. Then, each time, it results in me pulling out two guns John Woo style and firing at them with no fear, kind of like Chow Yun-Fat coincidentally. :-b

I've definitely have gun fights with people in my dreams. It's pretty exhilarating.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:49 am

bigh0rt wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I'd say it's normal to have dreams where someone's pursuing you. With me, I'm usually on guard and sometimes looking for something suspicious; my dreams are reflective of this. Whenever I see someone eyeing me suspiciously, I think they'll pull out a weapon and in my dreams, it's almost always true. Then, each time, it results in me pulling out two guns John Woo style and firing at them with no fear, kind of like Chow Yun-Fat coincidentally. :-b

I've definitely have gun fights with people in my dreams. It's pretty exhilarating.

For me, it's not as frequent as it used to though.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:05 am

Old_Style wrote:Does anybody else frequently have lucid dreams? It's when you're aware that you're dreaming while the dream is in progress and/or you're able to control what's going on in your dream.

I never really read anything about it, as to what causes them or why they occur. I always thought that was how dreams were supposed to be until I got into a conversation about it with a buddy, and he started telling me a little bit about them.

I do to some degree. I can sometimes wake myself up when having a nightmare, as somehow I'm aware that I'm dreaming and can force myself awake. Weird.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Old_Style » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:19 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:

I do to some degree. I can sometimes wake myself up when having a nightmare, as somehow I'm aware that I'm dreaming and can force myself awake. Weird.

Same here. I'm not sure if I wake up or not, but I know I can force the dream to end.
Sometimes it's fun to let it ride and see what happens.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'd say it's normal to have dreams where someone's pursuing you.

I hate those dreams. About 50% of the time I end up defending myself (usually with some kind of bat, baseball or cricket) and getting eaten/stabbed. It's especially bad if you wake up half way through and your heart is pounding 5 million beats a minute.

I usually get my craziest dreams when I am not sleeping at home. Last night (I was away for work) I dreamt I was a crane driver and my union went on strike, so we all paraded around the dock with our crane-driver goggles in our hands. WTF? I don't have any contact with cranes or docks, or even think about them ever.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:40 am

so since this thread was posted i seem to be recalling my dreams more

last night i had one where my buddy and i were heading down to Ann Arbor to a Michigan football game, but for some reason we decided to break into someone house and watch the game there. of course the lady came home but i was able to assure her that we were just there to watch the game and not steal anything or hurt her so she let us stay.
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk