DeRosa To The Tribe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DeRosa To The Tribe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby Old_Style » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:10 pm

ESPN.com reports that the Cubs have traded Mark DeRosa to the Indians for three undisclosed players.
Chicago set up the move by signing Aaron Miles to a two-year contract Wednesday morning, but he's a major downgrade from DeRosa offensively. It remains to be seen how the Indians plan to align their new-look infield, but using DeRosa at second base with Jhonny Peralta at third base and Asdrubal Cabrera at shortstop would likely be the best setup defensively. Dec. 31 - 1:29 pm et


I don't really get this one. I wouldn't think the Cubs would be getting very much in return for DeRosa and Miles is a significant offensive downgrade.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby ThatDude » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Old_Style wrote:
ESPN.com reports that the Cubs have traded Mark DeRosa to the Indians for three undisclosed players.
Chicago set up the move by signing Aaron Miles to a two-year contract Wednesday morning, but he's a major downgrade from DeRosa offensively. It remains to be seen how the Indians plan to align their new-look infield, but using DeRosa at second base with Jhonny Peralta at third base and Asdrubal Cabrera at shortstop would likely be the best setup defensively. Dec. 31 - 1:29 pm et


I don't really get this one. I wouldn't think the Cubs would be getting very much in return for DeRosa and Miles is a significant offensive downgrade.


I'm thinking it's a setup move to get Peavy. Towers wants arms, and the Cubs just got 3 of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cubs deal Pie to Baltimore for Olsen in the near future as well.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby Noggy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 pm

The pitchers in question are apparently Jeff Stevens, Chris Archer and John Caub.

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1000/blog?id=3738908&post=3802362
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby Rounders » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:16 pm

At this point, I don't like it. I figured they'd play DeRosa in RF and platoon Reed Johnson and Fukudome in CF. Hope they go out and get someone to play RF.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby ThatDude » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Rounders wrote:At this point, I don't like it. I figured they'd play DeRosa in RF and platoon Reed Johnson and Fukudome in CF. Hope they go out and get someone to play RF.


Milton Bradley is pretty much assumed by everyone to be a done deal. They are just waiting to announce it for some reason.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:30 pm

Good for the Indians.

Imagine if Hafner could learn to hit again how good the could be...
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 pm

ThatDude wrote:
Rounders wrote:At this point, I don't like it. I figured they'd play DeRosa in RF and platoon Reed Johnson and Fukudome in CF. Hope they go out and get someone to play RF.


Milton Bradley is pretty much assumed by everyone to be a done deal.

Why? So he can play 100 games?
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby Rounders » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:36 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
Rounders wrote:At this point, I don't like it. I figured they'd play DeRosa in RF and platoon Reed Johnson and Fukudome in CF. Hope they go out and get someone to play RF.


Milton Bradley is pretty much assumed by everyone to be a done deal.

Why? So he can play 100 games?


Yeah, not a fan of Bradley either. I'd rather have DeRosa than Miles for that half season that Bradley will be injured. Would be nice if Houffpauir could learn to play outfield, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 898
Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby ThatDude » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:40 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:
Rounders wrote:At this point, I don't like it. I figured they'd play DeRosa in RF and platoon Reed Johnson and Fukudome in CF. Hope they go out and get someone to play RF.


Milton Bradley is pretty much assumed by everyone to be a done deal.

Why? So he can play 100 games?


I didn't say I like it. Just that's it's pretty much gonna happen.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2210
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DeRosa To The Tribe

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Would you all like to describe Milton Bradley's injury history? Everyone talks about him being injury prone, but I don't recall him being like JD Drew. He had that fluke ACL injury going after an ump for yelling a racial slur at him - for which the ump got suspended.

Aside from that, the major reason he only played 120 games a year is that he wasn't a full-time player for any of the teams.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1359
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 19 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GiantsFan14, Johnesmype, Skin Blues and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Atlanta
(7:07 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(7:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Philadelphia
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(9:40 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:10 pm)
Texas at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
Cleveland at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact