2009 Cafe Mock Draft Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Cafe Mock Draft Results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Cafe Mock Draft Results

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Jose_Reyes_1_1 wrote:I think that Dustin Pedroia should be in front on Ian Kinsler. That's just my opinion, but maybe Dustin had a lucky season. Who knows..

Almost all of Kinslers counting numbers were well ahead of Pedroias at the time he went down with injury. they were also around the same average. Pedroia's surge at the end of August, which won him the MVP, was the reason he caught up to him and surpassed him in those. I'd gladly have Kinsler over Pedroia any day of the week.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kab21 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Jose_Reyes_1_1 wrote:I think that Dustin Pedroia should be in front on Ian Kinsler. That's just my opinion, but maybe Dustin had a lucky season. Who knows..

Almost all of Kinslers counting numbers were well ahead of Pedroias at the time he went down with injury. they were also around the same average. Pedroia's surge at the end of August, which won him the MVP, was the reason he caught up to him and surpassed him in those. I'd gladly have Kinsler over Pedroia any day of the week.

The argument for Pedrioa imo is that he Kinsler has been injury prone. This could be important in H2H if you lost him in the playoffs like last year. But I'm still taking Kinsler first.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:04 pm

kab21 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:

The argument for Pedrioa imo is that he Kinsler has been injury prone. This could be important in H2H if you lost him in the playoffs like last year. But I'm still taking Kinsler first.

Yeah plus Kinsler did cool off a bit before the injury. I am still skpetical that he is as good as his pre ASB numbers show but the potential is there.

Still, I would take Kinsler 10 times out of 10 over Pedroia right now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Evan Longoria and other young studs::

I am in a keeper league.. we keep 3 players.. also use OPS instead of AVG..

I and trying to figure out who is should be keeping..

Longoria - no reason to believe he wont put david wright numbers this year
Prince Fielder - still has power when the lack of roids took power from the rest of the league.. AL homerun leader 37 HR's.
Carl Crawford - when he is on, he gets real hot.. didn't steal 50 as usual last year though
Curtis Granderson - looking for the Granderson that two years ago had the potential to become an elite all-around player..
Jay Bruce - 19 HR's in his first half season.. come on.. his potential is through the roof..
Troy Tulowitzki - this is an iinteresterestign prospect. due to the lack of power and overall production in the middle infield across the board.. it becomes a huge advantage if I can have pre-injury Tulo.. but does that player still exist??

also I have a slew of quality pitchers including volquez, shields, daisuke, kershaw, KRod.. but i don't really think its prudent to keep a pitcher when you only keep three players

what yall think??
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:03 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Evan Longoria and other young studs::

I am in a keeper league.. we keep 3 players.. also use OPS instead of AVG..

I and trying to figure out who is should be keeping..

Longoria - no reason to believe he wont put david wright numbers this year
Prince Fielder - still has power when the lack of roids took power from the rest of the league.. AL homerun leader 37 HR's.
Carl Crawford - when he is on, he gets real hot.. didn't steal 50 as usual last year though
Curtis Granderson - looking for the Granderson that two years ago had the potential to become an elite all-around player..
Jay Bruce - 19 HR's in his first half season.. come on.. his potential is through the roof..
Troy Tulowitzki - this is an iinteresterestign prospect. due to the lack of power and overall production in the middle infield across the board.. it becomes a huge advantage if I can have pre-injury Tulo.. but does that player still exist??

also I have a slew of quality pitchers including volquez, shields, daisuke, kershaw, KRod.. but i don't really think its prudent to keep a pitcher when you only keep three players

what yall think??

Welcome to the Cafe!

What you want to do is head over to the Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waiver Forum and re-post this in its very own thread there. You will definitely get some responses and answers. Good luck! ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:10 pm

lastingsgriller wrote: iinteresterestign

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Ramzavail » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Surprised Mike Pelfrey wasn't picked.
Ramzavail
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcioci » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Anybody want to comment on which teams they like the best?

Team 6 has the best team.
mcioci
T-Ball Trainer

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm

mcioci wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Anybody want to comment on which teams they like the best?

Team 6 has the best team.

Couldn't agree more. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:04 pm

What did you do? Sign up another account to make this one post? :-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers