Fuentes to Angels - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fuentes to Angels

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fuentes to Angels

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:14 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Signing Dunn would be a horrible mistake. They should sign Milton Bradley for his 100 games and then take the fan sitting in section 18, row 12, seat 6 each game for the other 62. That combo will outproduce Dunn.

That depends what position Dunn/Bradley would play. If they would both DH I'd take Dunn. The Angels seem to have enough OF.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 pm

I don't see them signing ManRam or Dunn and I bet they aren't even interested in them.
The Angels aren't a typical AL-lineup team. They heavily rely on speed on the bases and solid D from every position. Neither of those players fit those categories.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I forgot to mention that I was making fun of BP and his over-analysis of Dunn's inability to play defense. My fault. ;-D

Adding a left-handed power hitter to that lineup is exactly what the Angels need and I think Dunn would be a great signing.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:I don't see them signing ManRam or Dunn and I bet they aren't even interested in them.
The Angels aren't a typical AL-lineup team. They heavily rely on speed on the bases and solid D from every position. Neither of those players fit those categories.

Dunn would most likely DH and has decent speed. They really need another bat.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:I don't see them signing ManRam or Dunn and I bet they aren't even interested in them.

If Vlad can still play 100 games in the OF, then Dunn can DH most of the time. This eliminates a lot of the defense argument. Dunn playing 1B or RF for 60 or so games does not outweigh the benefit he will bring that lineup.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Another Blown Save » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 pm

I'm not saying Dunn wouldn't improve the team. I'm just saying that the Angels probably aren't looking to sign him.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tavo2311 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm not a big Abreu fan, but doesn't it seem like he's a good fit for this type of Offense? He is always a good OBP guy, though not great anymore after the last two years. He also still has his speed on the basepaths, and ya know you could do worse than his BAvg/OBP in clutch situations.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:58 pm

wow terrible move by the angels. arredondo was a stud this year and posted way better numbers than krod (ERA, WHIP, not saves obviously). plus they still would have had shields in the 8th. gotta agree with some of the other opinions in this thread...it looks like the angels made a move, just to make a move. they are enormous losers because they couldn't resign krod or teix and say they have no interest in manny. they should have spent that money or "opportunity to make a move" on a middle of the order hitter like manny or abreu.

for a fantasy perspective...this realy sucks for arredondo owners in dynasty leagues. he was set to have a big year this year and i'm sure many owners were banking on that. as an arredondo owner i traded away krod and a couple other depth guys for cole hamels after the season banking on arredondo being a solid reliever for this year...now looks like i'm going to have to keep an eye on waivers for RP when injuries happen as i have only 3 closers now and 2 aren't guaranteed the job. (capps, devine, arredondo, and chris perez). your killing me angels!
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tavo2311 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Montana168 wrote:wow terrible move by the angels. arredondo was a stud this year and posted way better numbers than krod (ERA, WHIP, not saves obviously). plus they still would have had shields in the 8th. gotta agree with some of the other opinions in this thread...it looks like the angels made a move, just to make a move. they are enormous losers because they couldn't resign krod or teix and say they have no interest in manny. they should have spent that money or "opportunity to make a move" on a middle of the order hitter like manny or abreu.

for a fantasy perspective...this realy sucks for arredondo owners in dynasty leagues. he was set to have a big year this year and i'm sure many owners were banking on that. as an arredondo owner i traded away krod and a couple other depth guys for cole hamels after the season banking on arredondo being a solid reliever for this year...now looks like i'm going to have to keep an eye on waivers for RP when injuries happen as i have only 3 closers now and 2 aren't guaranteed the job. (capps, devine, arredondo, and chris perez). your killing me angels!

Well your trade may still pay off. Just hope that the week Fuentes blows three straight saves this year happens in April instead of July and you'll be good with Arredondo!!
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:13 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I guess I've always been of the school that believes you can never have too many solid arms in your bullpen. The Angels have won for years under this premise and I for one am not going to condemn them for this signing. They always seem to be one of the more intelligent organizations in baseball and while they still need a bat, there's no reason to believe they won't eventually get it. It's not as if 17.5 is really that high of a number.

I think it's laughable that you'd consider a team who signed GMJ to 5/$55M or Hunter for 5/$90 or traded for Jon Garland to be intelligent. They've brought some good players through their system but that's it. They haven't made a real intelligent move since they signed Vlad.

AquaMan2342 wrote:I forgot to mention that I was making fun of BP and his over-analysis of Dunn's inability to play defense. My fault. ;-D

If by over-analyze you mean used numbers that you don't understand to prove a point you don't agree with, then fair enough. I really do find it fascinating how so many are willing to totally overlook an incredibly important aspect of the game. I was there once too, but I have seen the light! :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers