Let's Unite our Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Let's Unite our Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Let's Unite our Leagues

Postby colby2152 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:51 am

I am calling it the Fantasy Baseball Grand Union. It is an assembly of a half dozen or so well established, quality, highly-competitive and fun spirited fantasy baseball leagues.

I would like to see if your league is interested in joining what I call the Fantasy Baseball Grand Union (FBGU). The idea of this group is to unite highly competitive, friendly private leagues in order to introduce new ideas and even new people to their leagues if need be. The motivator and primary focus of this group is the Harold Reynolds Invitational (HRI). This 2nd half tournament league started in 2007 taking past champions and mid-season leaders from three fantasy baseball leagues on Yahoo. HRI took a sabbatical in 2008, but it is returning for 2009 with a whole new look thanks to this new idea called the FBGU. I am looking for four solid leagues (redraft, H2H, keeper, roto, whatever) to join my league (Donruss Mexpo - dual dynasty league) and a 12 team, 5-player rookie/veteran keeper league. HRI will start around Week 13 as a 2nd half league on Yahoo. It will be H2H with even categories decided by the previous HRI champion. Playoffs will be four weeks long for four teams. The teams that will be invited are the following:

Your league champion from 2008
Your mid-season league leader
2007 champs of both my league and the other one from 2007 since there wasn't a HRI in 2008
Remaining wildcard teams to fill the league out to 16 teams

The wildcard teams are determined by applying a winning percentage to each team in each league's standings. Roto league's winning percentage is determined by a separate formula that works off of the average points of each team in the league.

I have never seen anything like this before, so I hope some of you are interested. Please let me know by March.
Last edited by colby2152 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anyone Want to Co-Commish The Largest League Ever?

Postby colby2152 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:59 am

More information can be found at: http://www.fbu.freehostia.com
Last edited by colby2152 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Try this 300 teams, with room for you too.

rotodatabase.com/h2hworldseries
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1386)

Postby stevethumb » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:41 pm

what conference would arkansas be in ? B-)
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby colby2152 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:41 pm

what conference would arkansas be in ? B-)

The conference of your choice... I decided to disband this idea as it would be too much to manage. I am returning to an idea I did in 2007... an all-star 2nd half league consisting of past league champs (08), league leaders and wild-cards of a union of about a half a dozen leagues. If anyone is interested, please post and reply with the information about your league...

I would like to see if your league is interested in joining what I call the Fantasy Baseball Grand Union (FBGU)
. The idea of this group is to unite highly competitive, friendly private leagues in order to introduce new ideas and even new people to their leagues if need be. The motivator and primary focus of this group is the Harold Reynolds Invitational (HRI). This 2nd half tournament league started in 2007 taking past champions and mid-season leaders from three fantasy baseball leagues on Yahoo. HRI took a sabbatical in 2008, but it is returning for 2009 with a whole new look thanks to this new idea called the FBGU. I am looking for four solid leagues (redraft, H2H, keeper, roto, whatever) to join my league (Donruss Mexpo - dual dynasty league) and a 12 team, 5-player rookie/veteran keeper league. HRI will start around Week 13 as a 2nd half league on Yahoo. It will be H2H with even categories decided by the previous HRI champion. Playoffs will be four weeks long for four teams. The teams that will be invited are the following:

Your league champion from 2008
Your mid-season league leader
2007 champs of both my league and the other one since there wasn't a HRI in 2008
Remaining wildcard teams to fill the league out to 16 teams

The wildcard teams are determined by applying a winning percentage to each team in each league's standings. Roto league's winning percentage is determined by a separate formula that works off of the average points of each team in the league.

I have never seen anything like this before, so I hope you are interested. Please let me know by March.
ProFSL.com
colby2152
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Classifieds