A yahoo question.............. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A yahoo question..............

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A yahoo question..............

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:22 am

Does yahoo offer variations of head to head leagues? Other than playing just one opponent per week. :-?
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A yahoo question..............

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:00 am

what other type would you want?
a daily.
a different opponent per day?
I have never heard of that. :-°
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:00 am

what other type would you want?
a daily.
a different opponent per day?
I have never heard of that. :-°
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Diamond Miners » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:52 am

Not that I know of. CBS offers multiple opponents in a single week. My league recently, went from 2 opp. to 3. Keeps it exciting, and helps balance out those games that the 2nd lowest scorer for the week goes 1-0 because they beat the lowest scorer for the week (H2H Points league). Instead they'd likely go 1-2. At first I didn't like it, but it's grown on me and I see how it can really balances the league. Although sometimes as the top 2nd top scorer you will go 2-1 because you happen to play the 1st team...or what happened to me this year..I was the 4th highest scorer of the week, but went 0-3. YUCK!
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:15 pm

I played in a double header league in football for the first time this year. It was fantastic. I don't believe yahoo has this yet for any sports.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tavo2311 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Currently Yahoo and Yahoo Plus do not offer this. Their 2009 product isn't out yet, so you never know if they'll add it, but in the past their added features have been pretty sparse and mostly cosmetic, not so much substance. Considering you still can't choose your schedule in Football Plus as of this past season, this seems like a major add that is far off for the site.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:37 pm

tavo2311 wrote:Currently Yahoo and Yahoo Plus do not offer this. Their 2009 product isn't out yet, so you never know if they'll add it, but in the past their added features have been pretty sparse and mostly cosmetic, not so much substance. Considering you still can't choose your schedule in Football Plus as of this past season, this seems like a major add that is far off for the site.

I don't think that's true at all. Yahoo! has changed what they've offered quite a bit over the past two or three years, even adding some specific things we here at the Cafe have suggested.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby tavo2311 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
tavo2311 wrote:Currently Yahoo and Yahoo Plus do not offer this. Their 2009 product isn't out yet, so you never know if they'll add it, but in the past their added features have been pretty sparse and mostly cosmetic, not so much substance. Considering you still can't choose your schedule in Football Plus as of this past season, this seems like a major add that is far off for the site.

I don't think that's true at all. Yahoo! has changed what they've offered quite a bit over the past two or three years, even adding some specific things we here at the Cafe have suggested.

Well here is just a handful of seemingly simple adds that are not yet available, despite my asking each year...until I left them:

a) Customize your schedule, or at least make it make sense. For football I have two divisions, 5 teams each, 13 week reg season. You have to play 5 teams once, and 4 teams twice. If you can't customize, it at least makes sense that those 4 teams would default to your division mates? No, too easy.
b) Pluck players from the player pool pre-draft to account for keepers in an online draft.
c) How about adding minor leaguers to their waiver pool at some point before the guy has already bursted onto the scene with two dominant starts? Yes I exaggerate slightly, but it is pretty frustrating.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Schwetty Balls » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:48 pm

i wish they would add some schedule flexability. to have the All-Star have week roll into another week or to exclude the last week of the season
Schwetty Balls
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bruuno2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:01 pm

Diamond Miners wrote:Not that I know of. CBS offers multiple opponents in a single week. My league recently, went from 2 opp. to 3. Keeps it exciting, and helps balance out those games that the 2nd lowest scorer for the week goes 1-0 because they beat the lowest scorer for the week (H2H Points league). Instead they'd likely go 1-2. At first I didn't like it, but it's grown on me and I see how it can really balances the league. Although sometimes as the top 2nd top scorer you will go 2-1 because you happen to play the 1st team...or what happened to me this year..I was the 4th highest scorer of the week, but went 0-3. YUCK!

Yes,this is what i was looking for.I do not care for normal yahoo H2h leagues and our league has been playing in a roto yahoo league for about 9 years now.I love this multiple player per week system that cbs offers and would like to try it in a yahoo format.I guess i will have to wait and see.Thanx ;-D
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers