League Constitution - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Constitution

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Constitution

Postby ScReWBaLLL » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:15 pm

I am starting a Keeper League on Yahoo this year. It will be H2H but I haven't decided on scoring or whether it will be 10 or 12 teams. Anyway, I'm starting to put together a constitution and was wondering if anyone would send me theirs to give me ideas of how to organize it and make sure I don't miss anything. I've been looking online for examples but links will also help. I will send you mine when it is done, and I expect that it will be good and cover everything.

Email to rjm1918@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

MISSION 28
ScReWBaLLL
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: League Constitution

Postby nored » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 pm

I am also starter a keeper or dynasty league and I would also be very interested to check out how others have set up their rules. I would also be happy to share what I come up with.

Please post or PM me and I can send you my e-mail address.
nored
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Look around in the Draft Rooms Inside forum.

viewforum.php?f=221

You'll find a couple of constitutions there. ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Here's a link to the rules of my deep dynasty. It employs a 40-man roster to emulate MLB.
http://tinyurl.com/2axxes

Here's a link to the previous rules before we switched to the 40-man.
http://tinyurl.com/8r69mw

Rules in green pertained to the set-up of the league and were not part of the day to day of the league once it was established.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby gocardinals413 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:49 am

I have been doing a 14 team H2H with points. Each team has a 26 man roster, starting 9 hitters and 6 pitchers (5 are either SP or RP, 1 has to be an RP). We do weekly matchups which is a lot of fun. It really depends on your taste, a lot of the guys in my league like the points better than roto becuase it is a little easier to follow. Makes it seem more like a baseball game. As the commissioner it takes a lot of responsibility but our league has operated for three years now with minimum rules and we simply handle each case as it occurs, we have once had to deal with the dumping of players but that was it. Simplicity is sometimes the best way.
gocardinals413
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RDD15 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 am

I disagree with gocardinals. I am a guy that likes to have very strong rules in place so that everyone knows what they are dealing with ahead of time. Dealing with situations on a case by case basis as they come up is not fun, first of all. Second, I personally feel that it is a bit lazy.

Other than the time invested in writing your rules, there is zero drawback to having a solid rule set. Some guys say that it feels to overbearing to have a comprehensive rulebook, but those rules are just there in case they are needed. I dont understand why being prepared for situations ahead of time, and having your owners know exactly how things will work can be a bad thing. Also, if the rules are written ahead of time, it is not possible for decisions to be influenced based on whether certain owners are well liked or not well liked by those deciding how to rule on things.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby baizboll » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:02 pm

I have to agree with RDD15 and hope gocardinals never gets into a situation that becomes a pi**ing contest among the owners. With just a loose set of guidelines, you are setting yourself up for trouble that will cause hard feelings and inability to keep owners from year to year.

Also if there are a comprehensive set of rules or constitution, it gives the appearance of professionalism and stability to recruiting new owners. If I'm going to join a new league, it certainly won't be one that seems to be set up to run by the seat of the pants decisions.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby markgrebowsky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm

While my league isn't head to head it's roto here's a link to our constitution:
http://www.geocities.com/markgrebowsky/

I admit I did adapt the format of another league's constitution to fit our rules when we were starting the league.
markgrebowsky
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner