Big Unit signs with SF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Big Unit signs with SF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Big Unit signs with SF

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:48 am

AussieDodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:well if we would have to destroy our system for one year of beltre, then it would obviously be incredibly stupid and would never happen.

ORLY?

i'm pretty sure that didn't destroy our system. when the trade was made i'm pretty sure bonser was the centerpiece, nathan was just another MR, and liriano had potential but was oft-injured. turns out bonser was pretty much a bust, nathan went nuts, and liriano, while excellent when healthy, continues to be an injury risk. obviously i hate that the trade was made, but i doubt it looked that bad when it was actually made.

also, i hate you.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:59 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm pretty sure that didn't destroy our system. when the trade was made i'm pretty sure bonser was the centerpiece, nathan was just another MR, and liriano had potential but was oft-injured. turns out bonser was pretty much a bust, nathan went nuts, and liriano, while excellent when healthy, continues to be an injury risk. obviously i hate that the trade was made, but i doubt it looked that bad when it was actually made.

I was only yanking your chain. Liriano was pretty much a lottery ticket that came off. Same as Faustino De Los Santos was a lottery ticket in the Swisher trade.

GiantsFan14 wrote:also, i hate you.

:-/ !+)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 am

AussieDodger wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm pretty sure that didn't destroy our system. when the trade was made i'm pretty sure bonser was the centerpiece, nathan was just another MR, and liriano had potential but was oft-injured. turns out bonser was pretty much a bust, nathan went nuts, and liriano, while excellent when healthy, continues to be an injury risk. obviously i hate that the trade was made, but i doubt it looked that bad when it was actually made.

I was only yanking your chain. Liriano was pretty much a lottery ticket that came off. Same as Faustino De Los Santos was a lottery ticket in the Swisher trade.

GiantsFan14 wrote:also, i hate you.

:-/ !+)

i just get all riled up when people bring that trade up, i only kinda hate you.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:49 pm

This is a great signing by the Giants. RJ was very good returning from injury and while he doesn't have the same zip on his fastball, he should still be at least a #3 starter behind Lincecum and Cain. His flyball tendencies will work wonders in that park.

I could see the Giants winning the West with a few bounces going their way. Dodgers and AZ have not really done anything to improve for 09.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:16 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I understand, but it's more about the lack of competitive teams in the division than anything. It seems like LA's division to lose, but what if they are unable to re-sign Manny? I actually see SF as the second best team in the division as it stands right now, and that's with a nice 1-2 combo at the top of the rotation, a 3rd starter that should improve (Sanchez) and Unit. Colorado and San Diego are both going to be terrible this year IMO, so I think the opportunity is there.

I think you are underestimating Arizona and Colorado isn't as bad as you think. Both teams have just as many young players if not more than SF and should improve also. Plus both were better than SF last year.

You are right. I did underestimate Arizona as I failed to even think about them at all in my assessment (I am not smart :-D ). I still think SF has a shot to win the division though.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers