SP-Maine
SP-Parra
SP-Kuroda
SP-Cook
SP-A.Reyes
RP-Lindstrom
RP-Devine
RP-C.Perez

its a 12 teamer 5x5 h2h auction $260. no innings limit hence a ton of starters. i didn't really try to draft closers because of how liquid the closer market is all year around. Thoughts?
wrightinflight
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: She Likes My Sizemore

Postby Seatownfavorite » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 pm

I would like to see the prices for an auction team.

Lot of big potential young hitters, could be a boom/bust team. You're definitely taking a big shot. Not sold on your rotation.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby MikeeDee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:51 am

Depending on how all your young players pan out I imagine you'll be somehwere around 4-8 in a 12-team league. For having punted saves I think your offense (avg in particular) and starting pitching (no real studs) would have been a little stronger.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slickterp » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Seatownfavorite wrote:I would like to see the prices for an auction team.

Lot of big potential young hitters, could be a boom/bust team. You're definitely taking a big shot. Not sold on your rotation.

Agreed. I liek the rotation OK, but thatis really hit or miss. Weiters will be in AAA until May, a la Longoria so they can keep him an extra year...
slickterp
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ayebatter » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:14 am

Here's the good news - I like your offense, without being specific ('cause I'll be in auction leagues with some of these guys at the Cafe), I think you have about $200 worth of offense. The bad news, I think you only have about $80 worth of pitching, and even in a h2h league, that probably makes you a middle of the pack team.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby whiskeyriver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:37 am

Don't know where some of you come off. I sware, some people can only be negative.

Anyways, with a rotation of Billingsley, Shields, Johnson, Danks and Slowey, with your offense, will be fine. You can't have both a stellar offense and a stellar rotation. Not possible, unless your draft with chimps. People forget that when they are "rating" teams. They just do. And their skewed "advice" leads people to make rash decisions. Hold tight. I won 4 leagues last year with a rotation full of good young bargain arms and a solid offense. It's all about balance, and by shopping for bargain arms, you allowed yourself a good offense and set yourself up for success. You will need to shop one or a couple of your lesser arms, though, and acquire another reliever. You might want to acquire a backup C in case Wieters does in fact start the year in AAA.
whiskeyriver
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team