Small league Dynasty team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Small league Dynasty team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Small league Dynasty team

Postby Seatownfavorite » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:54 pm

This is my first post here on your site. I know 10 teamers are an embarrassment of riches and all, but this was my first league I joined with friends and I still enjoy it. We will be making our cuts down to 20 and I was looking for your help a little more than a rating. We play ROTO and I finished 4th last year. I am very active both on the wire and trades, so i have built what I think is a great team. Here it is:

Hitters
C: Soto
1B:Pujols
2B: Figgins
SS: Hanley Ramirez
3B: Atkins
IF: Adrian Gonzalez
RF: Vladamir Guerrero
CF: Josh Hamilton
LF: Jason Bay
UTIL: Hawpe

BN: Bruce, Nelson Cruz, Chris Davis, Ibanez, Kendrick, Maybin, Pence, Ian Stewart, Teagarden

Pitchers
4SP:Lincecum, Hamels, Lackey, Billingsley
2RP: F. Cordero, Fuentes
3P: Price, Capps, Chad Cordero

BN: Cain, Hudson, Balfour, Frank Fransisco, Ziegler

*Disclaimer* I am not posting a look at me team. I need to decide which 13 to cut.

Here is my initial list:
Cruz, Davis, Ibanez, Kendrick, Teagarden, Fuentez, Chad Cordero, Hudson, Balfour, Fransisco, Ziegler, maybe Cain and Capps?

Thanks in advance for your positive replies.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Small league Dynasty team

Postby MikeeDee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Seatownfavorite wrote:This is my first post here on your site. I know 10 teamers are an embarrassment of riches and all, but this was my first league I joined with friends and I still enjoy it. We will be making our cuts down to 20 and I was looking for your help a little more than a rating. We play ROTO and I finished 4th last year. I am very active both on the wire and trades, so i have built what I think is a great team. Here it is:

Hitters
C: Soto ;-D
1B:Pujols ;-D
2B: Figgins
SS: Hanley Ramirez ;-D
3B: Atkins ;-D
IF: Adrian Gonzalez ;-D
RF: Vladamir Guerrero ;-D
CF: Josh Hamilton ;-D
LF: Jason Bay ;-D
UTIL: Hawpe

BN: Bruce ;-D , Nelson Cruz, Chris Davis ;-D , Ibanez, Kendrick, Maybin ;-D , Pence, Ian Stewart, Teagarden

Pitchers
4SP:Lincecum ;-D , Hamels ;-D , Lackey ;-D , Billingsley ;-D
2RP: F. Cordero ;-D , Fuentes ;-D
3P: Price ;-D , Capps ;-D , Chad Cordero

BN: Cain ;-D , Hudson, Balfour, Frank Fransisco, Ziegler

*Disclaimer* I am not posting a look at me team. I need to decide which 13 to cut.

Here is my initial list:
Cruz, Davis, Ibanez, Kendrick, Teagarden, Fuentez, Chad Cordero, Hudson, Balfour, Fransisco, Ziegler, maybe Cain and Capps?

Thanks in advance for your positive replies.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Above are the guys I'd keep. However, I'm not sure if your league is in a dead season right now or if you're allowed to make any trades but I'd definitely give that a shot. Pick any of the guys you're planning on keeping and combine them with any combo of Hawpe and/or Figgins plus one of the younger guys you wouldn't be keeping in order to upgrade your lineup.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Seatownfavorite » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 pm

MikeeDee wrote:Welcome to the Cafe!

Above are the guys I'd keep. However, I'm not sure if your league is in a dead season right now or if you're allowed to make any trades but I'd definitely give that a shot. Pick any of the guys you're planning on keeping and combine them with any combo of Hawpe and/or Figgins plus one of the younger guys you wouldn't be keeping in order to upgrade your lineup.

Thanks for your input. We can't make any trades before the cut date. Would you really cut Figgins? He had a down year last season, but he and Hanley are the only ones keeping my team afloat in steals.
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MikeeDee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:50 pm

62, 52, 41, 34. That's his steals for the last 4 years.
115 and 116 that's his games played the last two years.

I'm expecting:
.270/.360/.320
HR 1
RBI 40
R 65
SB 28

I think he's trending downward. I'd be surprised if he plays more than 110 games. If you play in a standard 5x5 roto I think the steals aren't worth the lack of production in other categories (at least not if you compare it to your other keeper options), but I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree with me.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby govols9er » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:46 pm

you could hold on to Figgy, but he has been getting hurt, and most of them have been leg injuries. not a good injury for a runner. The one guy I would keep for sure is Chris Davis. he is going to blow up this year. Don't let him slip.
govols9er
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Seatownfavorite » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:08 am

Revisiting this now that the keepers are due. I had forgotten we upped the keepers to 25 this year so that makes my choices a little easier. Right now this is my list.

1. Soto
2. Pujols
3. Figgins
4. Hanley Ramirez
5. Atkins
6. Adrian Gonzalez
7. Bay
8. Hamilton
9. Guerrero
10. Bruce
11. Pence
12. Chris Davis
13. Kendrick
14. Ibanez
15. Nelson Cruz
16. Maybin
17. Lincecum
18. Hamels
19. Billingsley
20. Lackey
21. Cain
22. Price
23. Francisco Cordero
24. Fuentes
25. Capps

Dropping: Ian Stewart, Hawpe, Teagarden, Balfour, Frank Francisco, Chad Cordero, Hudson, and Ziegler

I want to keep Ian Stewart though for IF prospects (I have too many OF's). Who should I drop to make room?

Ibanez (an older but still rock steady producer now in the best situation of his career)
Nelson Cruz (possible late bloomer who is also in a fantastic situation)
Maybin (most potential of the three but still very young and most likely 2~3 years away from starting material in a 10 teamer)
Seatownfavorite
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team