Manny Ramirez Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Manny Ramirez Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Manny Ramirez Rumors

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm

I was being slightly sarcastic, but only slightly.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:45 pm

BritSox wrote:One has to wonder what Boras' plan for Manny is. You WOULD THINK that the Yankees would not sign another big ticket hitter, though who knows. If the Angels are out, like they say, and the rumours of McCourt being too leveraged to spend big are true... Washington?

I don't think the Yankees could even sign Manny if they wanted to. Teix would be their 3rd Type A free agent and that is the limit IIRC.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Tavish wrote:
BritSox wrote:One has to wonder what Boras' plan for Manny is. You WOULD THINK that the Yankees would not sign another big ticket hitter, though who knows. If the Angels are out, like they say, and the rumours of McCourt being too leveraged to spend big are true... Washington?

I don't think the Yankees could even sign Manny if they wanted to. Teix would be their 3rd Type A free agent and that is the limit IIRC.

It's a shame that they're restrained like that.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rmande09 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Ya, the Yankees cannot sign another Type A free agent. So that means Manny is stuck in Washington or back to L.A.!
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 pm

I don't believe it is an A limit. It is an A+B limit plus you have to take into account the number of A+B lost in addition to the league wide limit for the year.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't believe it is an A limit. It is an A+B limit plus you have to take into account the number of A+B lost in addition to the league wide limit for the year.

I was thinking it was strictly an A and B limit that would expand if you lost more than the limit. IE if there were only 10 Type A and B guys the limit would be 1, but if you lost 3 you could sign 3 (not the 1 + the 3 you lose). I'll try and dig around and find a source.

*EDIT ADDED*
If there are 14 or less type A and B players available, no team may sign more than 1 type A or B player. If there are 15-38 available A and B players, no team may sign more than 2. From 39-62 this becomes 3. The club quota increases accordingly for higher totals of available free agents. There is no maximum allowed for type C free agents. Lastly, a team can sign up to as many type A and B free agents as they've lost, regardless of the above quota.

Talk about being vague. Reading that it really sounds like the limit is either 3 OR how many A and B guys you lose, which ever is higher. Not the combination of the two. Still not exactly sure though.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby noseeum » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:32 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't believe it is an A limit. It is an A+B limit plus you have to take into account the number of A+B lost in addition to the league wide limit for the year.

I think it's net though right? They lost Giambi and Abreu. I assume at least Abreu is an A.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:36 pm

noseeum wrote:

I think it's net though right? They lost Giambi and Abreu. I assume at least Abreu is an A.

Abreu (A) and Pudge (B) are the two they are very likely going to lose assuming Pudge signs somewhere. Pettitte is also a type A. They resigned Marte (A) and Mussina (A) retired. I don't think they will get over 3 to expand the limit.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Believe it or not Marte was a Type A as well so that would be 4.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Amazinz wrote:Believe it or not Marte was a Type A as well so that would be 4.

Right, I mentioned him. They resigned him though so it doesn't count as losing one.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers