Best Provider for Keeper or Dynasty League? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best Provider for Keeper or Dynasty League?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Provider for Keeper or Dynasty League?

Postby nored » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Happy First Day of Winter!

I have been running baseball leagues on Yahoo for about 8 years now, all h2h leagues. I am thinking of starting a new h2h league, keeper or dynasty format. This seems like a good opportunity to review the different providers.

I'd be interested in hearing from folks who run keeper or dynasty leagues as to what provider (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, etc.) they prefer and why.

Thanks!
nored
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Provider for Keeper or Dynasty League?

Postby creeves » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 am

I can tell you where NOT to go, as we are looking for a new site as well. We have been using Fanball for the past several years. They recently changed their programming and we have had MANY problems with them.

I will check other posts here since I was going to ask the question you asked. We are rotisserie and not head to head though. We need something very flexible and easy to customize.

Thanks in advance for any input.
creeves
T-Ball Trainer

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:02 am

CBS is awesome, i've used it the last couple years with my keeper league and have never had a problem. each league gets its own page which stays up year round, and makes it really easy to keep rosters/players from year to year. it's also extremely customizable and really easy to use. i highly recommend it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:32 am

CBS ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1428)

Postby tavo2311 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:03 pm

100% CBS for keeper leagues, any scoring format. Only go Yahoo if you want to maintain multiple spreadsheets and get zero customer service.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nored » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:49 pm

CBS - do they offer free leagues that stay up all year? I should have mentioned in my original post that I'd prefer a free league, at least until it is established.
nored
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby noseeum » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 pm

nored wrote:CBS - do they offer free leagues that stay up all year? I should have mentioned in my original post that I'd prefer a free league, at least until it is established.

At less than $10 a person for the fully customizable commissioner's product on CBS, you'll have all the stats from previous years, record books, etc. The last thing you want to do is change sites later. It sucks to lose the history of your league. Plus, the winner gets a bobblehead! It's more than worth it. $10 for a summer's worth of enjoyment?

Yahoo claims to be free but most people give in and buy the $10 upgrade to more real time data, etc. because the core free product is annoying. Plus, it's got no support for keepers.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

The problem with free Yahoo leagues is that they are completely erased year after year. Sportsline keeps everything. You can still see any articles you may have posted from years past as well as have a record of all the leagues transactions and standings.

And again, it's $10 a person a year. Totally worth it. Sportsline is head and shoulders above everyone else. If they doubled their prices, I'd still stay with them.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby fast dogs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:39 pm

I think the thing people need to remember is yahoo does everything, fantasy sports is just another means to get you to their site so maybe you'll use their e-mail or seach engine. It like going to the local grocery store that has a buffet of mexican & chinese food. Yes you get that kind of food,it looks like the food at the resturant; but no its not nearly as good as going somewhere that specializes in it. You want yahoo to keep adding items, but its just never going to be as good
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 316)

Postby tavo2311 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:09 am

fast dogs wrote:I think the thing people need to remember is yahoo does everything, fantasy sports is just another means to get you to their site so maybe you'll use their e-mail or seach engine. It like going to the local grocery store that has a buffet of mexican & chinese food. Yes you get that kind of food,it looks like the food at the resturant; but no its not nearly as good as going somewhere that specializes in it. You want yahoo to keep adding items, but its just never going to be as good

Couldn't agree more with how you said it. They just don't care about fantasy like we do. The people at some other sites seem to think from our perspective.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner