Sleeper of the Week - Ubaldo Jimenez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Sleeper of the Week - Ubaldo Jimenez

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Re: Sleeper of the Week - Ubaldo Jimenez

Postby stevethumb » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:46 pm

shandler has him @ $10 .. no value there IMO
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:02 pm

stevethumb wrote:shandler has him @ $10 .. no value there IMO

shandler has him projected to be worth $10. he's not necessarily staying he would pay $10 in auction for him but that he is getting positive value in an auction if he gets jimenez for less than $10. that's pretty much why you draft anyone in an auction, because you can get them for less than you believe they are worth. you're welcome to believe that jimenez will bust and not draft him, but obviously not everyone feels that way and some people think there is value in taking him late in the draft, including me and also shandler from the looks of it.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 823)

Postby stevethumb » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:30 pm

giantsfan, you are not understanding what i am saying...i am NOT saying that he will be a bust..IMO, where he will be drafted or his average auction price will be too high to consider his reward overcoming his risk...
you are saying he is a sleeper and will go for cheap or in the last round and i have shown you ADP, some mocks, and shandler's valuation that say that jimenez will NOT go late enough nor cheap enough to be worth the selection...if he has a monster breakout year, you will be right..if he is average or busts then i will be right
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:52 pm

stevethumb wrote:giantsfan, you are not understanding what i am saying...i am NOT saying that he will be a bust..IMO, where he will be drafted or his average auction price will be too high to consider his reward overcoming his risk...
you are saying he is a sleeper and will go for cheap or in the last round and i have shown you ADP, some mocks, and shandler's valuation that say that jimenez will NOT go late enough nor cheap enough to be worth the selection...if he has a monster breakout year, you will be right..if he is average or busts then i will be right

i understand exactly what you're saying. and i agree if hes going too early that i wont be taking him either. i'm just saying there have been drafts where he is falling pretty late and i think he is very good value in, say, the 17th-18th round. a lot will depend where hes at in yahoos O-rank, because people use that religiously in yahoo drafts. in the mock draft being done now in the cafe, and 2 of the mock drafts that were posted in leftovers he went in the 17th, 18th, and 22nd rounds. its gonna change from draft to draft, and you can't know for sure where hes going to go in any one draft. u just have to wait until your own happens and see if he falls to a spot where you are comfortable taking him.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 823)

Previous

Return to Article Discussions