First post- thought I'd say hi. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

First post- thought I'd say hi.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: First post- thought I'd say hi.

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

The Cardinals have one of the most successful franchises in baseball history, with 10 World Series wins and a boatload of division titles and pennants. Their "rivals," the Royals and Cubs, haven't had nearly the same success. That's my point. I apologize for not specifying that more clearly in my first attempt at witticism. Next time I try to be funny I'll be sure to fully research the win/loss percentages of every MLB franchise.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:55 pm

knapplc wrote:The Cardinals have one of the most successful franchises in baseball history, with 10 World Series wins and a boatload of division titles and pennants. Their "rivals," the Royals and Cubs, haven't had nearly the same success. That's my point. I apologize for not specifying that more clearly in my first attempt at witticism. Next time I try to be funny I'll be sure to fully research the win/loss percentages of every MLB franchise.

Cool, thanks. That might save you from another embarrassing mistake like this in the future.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Tavish wrote:
knapplc wrote:The Cardinals have one of the most successful franchises in baseball history, with 10 World Series wins and a boatload of division titles and pennants. Their "rivals," the Royals and Cubs, haven't had nearly the same success. That's my point. I apologize for not specifying that more clearly in my first attempt at witticism. Next time I try to be funny I'll be sure to fully research the win/loss percentages of every MLB franchise.

Cool, thanks. That might save you from another embarrassing mistake like this in the future.

Gosh, if you only knew how embarrassed I was for thinking the Royals suck. Wow. The embarrassment. It's like, really.... embarrassing. And stuff. Wow. I mean really. Really embarrassing. So embarrassing. Very much embarrassing. Whew - look at me, my face all red, all embarrassed about this. Just don't know what to do, I'm so embarrassed. So, so embarrassed.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Someone take away his golden eye. :-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:21 pm

knapplc wrote:Gosh, if you only knew how embarrassed I was for thinking the Royals suck. Wow. The embarrassment. It's like, really.... embarrassing. And stuff. Wow. I mean really. Really embarrassing. So embarrassing. Very much embarrassing. Whew - look at me, my face all red, all embarrassed about this. Just don't know what to do, I'm so embarrassed. So, so embarrassed.

It's really no big deal. Most of the time I think people just write it off to you being you.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:23 pm

And while you're at it, make damned sure nobody's off-the-cuff comment ever goes unpunished. Make sure you police the Cafe for every single little attempt at humor, and then pick it apart if it's not 100% accurate.

Because that's what makes the Cafe so fun. ;-D
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Tavish wrote:It's really no big deal. Most of the time I think people just write it off to you being you.

Thanks, pot. I had no idea I was black.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:27 pm

It's really this important to you? You really need to take it to this level because I called the Royals a bad team?

Grow up, man. :-t
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:46 pm

knapplc wrote:It's really this important to you? You really need to take it to this level because I called the Royals a bad team?

Grow up, man. :-t

Take things seriously much? It has to either be that or you have done a masterful job of throwing this thread off of the original topic of the Royals dramatic win in the 85 World Series. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps you are just another Cardinals fan in disguise and trying to distract everyone. If that is the case then well played.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk