Cole Hamels States the Obvious - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Philadelphia Phillies

Cole Hamels States the Obvious

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cole Hamels States the Obvious

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 am

This is the exchange:

Question: "Do you think the Mets are choke artists? A lot of Mets fans think they are. Do you look at it from afar and say, honestly, we know they are going to find a way to lose this thing?"

Hamels: "Last year and this year, I think we did believe that. Three years ago, we didn't, because they smoked everybody. I really thought that was the year they were going to the World Series. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. That's kind of what we believe and I think we will always believe it until they prove us wrong."

Q: "Wow. It's worth repeating. You say the Mets are choke artists?"

Hamels: "Yeah, for the past 2 years they've been choke artists."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/hom ... quot_.html

an interesting comment from the philly.com board.

"I hang out (unfortunately) with a lot of Mets fans. They agree with Hamels' comment that they were choke artists. What would really rile up the Mets fan is if Hamels said that the Phillies are the BETTER TEAM,ie, that the Mets just aren't good enough. Actually, that's what I believe..."

i gotta agree whole-heartedly. mets fans know they have a pretty decent team. they were in 1st or 2nd place for most of the last 2 years, so yeah, of course they've choked.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cole Hamels States the Obvious

Postby mweir145 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:23 am

Everyone knows they choke, this isn't news. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:27 am

Sweet :-D

Can he slag off some teams that I don't like too?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby smoovethug » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:32 am

So who's going to get booed more now...Cole or Jimmy?

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:39 am

We're all just gluttons for punishment.

Hopefully Pelfrey continues to play like he did once Randolph was fired, Maine goes over 5 innings per start, Perez gets resigned, and Putz/K-Rod can keep the amount of blown games to under 20 this season.

Another surreal MVP caliber year by Delgado would be nice also but I'll take him going back to being awful over the bullpen outdoing themselves and getting up to 30 blown games. There's really nothing worse than watching a team blow every game, I'd rather see Hamels shut down the offense than watch the Mets bullpen blow the lead and get beat.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby smoovethug » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 am

Grounded Polo wrote:There's really nothing worse than watching a team blow every game, I'd rather see Hamels shut down the offense than watch the Mets bullpen blow the lead and get beat.

Yeah that feeling of having the rug pulled out from under you can't be too fun.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Return to Philadelphia Phillies