Yankees make "free" agency exciting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yankees make "free" agency exciting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which team will Teixeira sign for?

Anaheim
19%
Baltimore
8%
Boston
42%
New York Y
16%
Washington
12%
Other
3%

Total votes : 91

Re: Yankees make "free" agency exciting

Postby Old_Style » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:Boring

It's like turning on the news and hearing Bill Gates and Tiger Woods just won the lottery.

I hope NY wins the next 10 years, then maybe MLB will enact something better.

Isn't that what they want?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yankees make

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:29 am

I don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, but the Yankees signed Mark Teixeira.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby BxBombers951 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 am

all the yankees haters have 2 arguments

"they are too stacked its hurting the game" - that emplies that they will now win

"_____ is overrated (only cause the yankees got them) have fun not making the playoffs again" - that emplies that they will continue to lose

PICK ONE AND STICK WITH IT
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:34 am

BxBombers951 wrote:all the yankees haters have 2 arguments

"they are too stacked its hurting the game" - that emplies that they will now win

"_____ is overrated (only cause the yankees got them) have fun not making the playoffs again" - that emplies that they will continue to lose

I don't think either of those implications are made. I don't think Mark Teixeira is overrated, nor do I think Sabathia is, but I will enjoy the Yankees not capturing the championship in '09, which is their only accepted result, to see what their next step(s) will be.

The Yankees will make the playoffs. They have a strong chance at winning their division. They will not win the World Series. It's a beautiful thing.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:53 am

bigh0rt wrote:

I don't think either of those implications are made. I don't think Mark Teixeira is overrated, nor do I think Sabathia is, but I will enjoy the Yankees not capturing the championship in '09, which is their only accepted result, to see what their next step(s) will be.

The Yankees will make the playoffs. They have a strong chance at winning their division. They will not win the World Series. It's a beautiful thing.

Indeed. How 'bout you? You guys planning to cough another one up this September?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BxBombers951 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:05 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Indeed. How 'bout you? You guys planning to cough another one up this September?

nah man, thats sooooo 2007. and 2008.....
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:06 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Until they do otherwise, yes.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Mark Teixeira future team? (Yankees)

Postby laxguy8947 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:35 am

Mugrila wrote:
laxguy8947 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
:-b

I would agree with this statement, but there's one thing I hate more in the world of sports than a Yankee: a Hokie %-6

:^

And proud of it ;-D
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby laxguy8947 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:

My thoughts as well. I'm already excited to see what excuses come from the organization next winter. Maybe Steinbrenner will complain about the lack of the DH in the national league again. Whatever their excuses are, hilarity will ensue.
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby mweir145 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:35 am

Hank complained about the difficulty of the AL East when they missed the playoffs last season, and how it wasn't fair that teams like the Dodgers got to be in. :-°
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers