Yahoo Plus Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Plus Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Plus Question

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a keeper league that me and my buddies have had for the past 6 or 7 years. In the league you lose the round the player was drafted in the previous year (EX: If I drafted Longoria last season in the 20th round, then I would lose my 20th round this year). We normally do a slow draft here at the cafe, but this year we can't because I have to study for the bar. My question is for people with yahoo plus leagues. Does yahoo plus support this kind of live draft? Can I go in before the draft and make sure that a certain player is taken in a certain round and when that team comes up to draft in that round that they are skipped? I know CBS does it, but the guys in my league are stuck on Yahoo right now. I don't want to pay the money and then it not work. If they don't I will just go to CBS, but wanted to give yahoo a shot.

Thanks,

Dee
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo Plus Question

Postby pjalst » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:25 am

No, yahoo Plus doesn't. You may want to check ESPN or CBS.

MY QUestion to you is, Why would you want to change from a slow draft? Most slow drafts give you 12-24 hrs between picks. I think that you should be able to spare 10 min a day to check the progress of the draft and make your selections. besides, the break from studying might be good for you. Just make your cheat sheet in advance.
Last edited by pjalst on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wheelhouse » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:14 am

all you need to do is distribute a list of the keepers before the draft and GM's take them in the appropriate rounds as they come up

i.e. if dude is keeping longoria and took him in the 20th round last year just take him in the 20th round this year during the draft!

yahoo (or any draft engine) would handle that just fine!
Wheelhouse
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 am

Wheelhouse wrote:all you need to do is distribute a list of the keepers before the draft and GM's take them in the appropriate rounds as they come up

i.e. if dude is keeping longoria and took him in the 20th round last year just take him in the 20th round this year during the draft!

I thought about that, but I don't trust the people to make their picks correctly and if one person screwed that up then we would have a huge problem during a live draft that I couldn't stop to make adjustments.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 am

pjalst wrote:No, yahoo Plus doesn't. You amy want tp check ESPN or CBS.

MY QUestion to you is, Why would you want to change from a slow draft? Most slow drafts give you 12-24 hrs between picks. I think that you should be able to spare 10 min a day to check the progress of the draft and make your selections. besides, the break from studying might be good for you. Just make your cheat sheet in advance.

Yea we do have 24 hours to pick. For me its about prep time. I am currently taking my exams and when I start studying for the bar exam I will have no time to look at fantasy baseball to make my sheets. The league is for a good chunk of money I don't feel I would be ready unless I had some prep time to get ready.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tavo2311 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:38 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Wheelhouse wrote:all you need to do is distribute a list of the keepers before the draft and GM's take them in the appropriate rounds as they come up

I thought about that, but I don't trust the people to make their picks correctly and if one person screwed that up then we would have a huge problem during a live draft that I couldn't stop to make adjustments.

Definitely agree. ONE guy making ONE mistake can really screw things up. I have the exact same sounding keeper league format, and it made us switch to CBS for it.
tavo2311
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner