Desperately Seeking Help - How to Contract League?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Desperately Seeking Help - How to Contract League??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Desperately Seeking Help - How to Contract League??

Postby artrimbaud » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Hey folks, need some help here...

I've been running a 10 team league for 6 years now. Unfortunately, 3 owners are now retiring. That brings me down to 7 teams. One of those 7, the current champion in fact, has two owners. I am trying to get those two owners to split and each manage their own team, so we would at least have 8.

The question is, however, how on Earth do we do this? Both owners have pride in the team they built together, so neither would want to let go of it. But for the sake of the league, they are considering it.

Just off the top of my head, I guess one thing we could do is ALL teams cut "x" amount of players/keepers and we then hold some kind of draft. Not sure how that would work. Teams would naturally cut their bottom talent.

Desperately need ideas here. Also, if you're interested in joining the league, that would help solve the problem! :)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
artrimbaud
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Desperately Seeking Help - How to Contract League??

Postby pjalst » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 am

If they want to manage a team together let them. Why break up a beautiful relationship? Why force owners to give up keepers and have a draft? Just post in the classified for new owners. Let them know they will be taking over a team and its keepers. Problem solved.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Diamond Miners » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:55 am

I would let the co-owners stay together unless they just really wanted their own teams. I'd do a search/post in the classified section for new owners. In the league I previously ran when we replaced 1-2 owners they would take the teams as is...when we need 3 or more owners, we emptied those teams back into the FA pool and let the new owners have an "expansion" draft of sorts. 8 keepers, then the new owners draft by themselves for 8 rounds before the regular draft begins, this way everybody has 8 keepers going into our standard draft. It seemed to work out well for everybody and not leave any owner with a team that flat out sucked before the previous owner ran it into the ground.
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Eagle Baseball » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:38 am

As others have said I would first post in classified to see if you can get 3 new owners.

If one of the owners of the team with 2 owners takes one of the 3 exiting teams (which would be good imo) I would do this as commish. Have the 2 owners select one of the 3 exiting teams as their second team. Than have those 2 owners have a supplemental draft from the 2 teams (the one they currently have plus the one they are taking over) until they reach the # of keepers of the other teams. That way they will each be able to choose players off their current team that they built and have pride in and also it will not distort the league because there will still be 2 teams out of 2 current teams.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby noseeum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Or why not just start from scratch? Do a redraft and start your keeper rules next year? Sometimes people are reluctant to do this, but it's worth floating.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby PujolsJunkie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Definitely dissolve all the unmanned teams, get new owners, and let them draft for their keepers, as was said above.
PujolsJunkie
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner