Brent Lillibridge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Brent Lillibridge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brent Lillibridge

Postby nate128 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:15 pm

He did have a crap season last year (from what i've read it was a combination of a wrist injury and swing adjustments) but was always seen as a decent prospect. With the trade to Chicago should we be expecting a starting gig? I know he can play ss, 2b, and cf(supposedly, but may just be speculation based on speed) but will the Sox have a spot available for him? If he was starting next season, what would you project?
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brent Lillibridge

Postby cardinal1975 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 pm

I believe that Lillibridge will be starting at either SS or 2B depending on where Chicago plans on utilizing Alexi Ramirez. With Orlando Cabrera's departure a middle infiled spot is open and the only competetion Lillibridge has for 2009 is Chris Getz. Now 2010 will be a different story with Gordon Beckham possibly arriving. I would expect Lillibridge to bat either 2nd, 8th, or 9th. He has double digit power(think 11-15homeruns)and should hit around .260ish(he strikes out way too much to expect much better)while stealing 20-30 bases. His runs and rbi's will be more a reflection of his position in the batting order but he does walk a decent amount of time so 75-80 runs would not be out of the question. He should be a solid sleeper at both middle infield spots in 2009.
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Re: Brent Lillibridge

Postby MikeeDee » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:02 pm

He totally lost his approach at the plate last year. we'll see what he does but i think the White Sox got him more as insurance in case they need to move Ramirez back to 2B or if Getz doesn't pan out. I think they see him more as a utility IF with some nice upside if he puts it all together.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball