I have #12 & #13 picks in draft... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I have #12 & #13 picks in draft...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have #12 & #13 picks in draft...

Postby Bravo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:52 pm

it is a 12 team 6x6 (5X5 plus OPS and L) H2H league. Who should I look at taking with those picks i.e. who will be available? Suggestions are appreciated.
Bravo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KolbSaves » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:09 pm

Manny

you might also want to take a SS, because all the good ones might be gone by the time you pick again.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bravo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:28 pm

thanks, kolbsaves.
Bravo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Jury » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:31 pm

Jim Thome dominates in those categories. I'd pick a pitcher and a hitter no doubt. Look for Pedro, Schilling, Prior (doubt it), or maybe Halladay. I personally think Manny is overrated.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Clevelander » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:37 pm

this is where you get one of each...a stud pitcher in pedro/schilling/ or wood....and grab the next best bat in manny, vlad if there, or delgado....3 and 4 wrap arounds...look for tejada, he'd be a steal there or grab the best catcher...and also grab the next stud reliever...from here you have a stud RP,SP,and 2 offensive players as a foundation for your team....guys like matsui/reyes are later picks to watch...pitchers like webb and miller may fall later too...
hope this helps as its helped me to the top in my leagues...
the 1st 4 picks are your foundation of your team so make them good.
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehotcorner » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:00 pm

I'd either go with the stud pitcher/hitter combo like either manny/thome and one of either pedro/schilling. Almost positive that some combination of those players will reach you.

Or else I'd go for two hitters like Manny/Tejada or Nomar. Chances that one of the top SS Nomar/Tejada/Rent won't make it back around to you at the end of Round 4. So grab one while you can.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby icepak » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:07 pm

if pedro/prior/schill is there I would grab one of them, otherwise I'd grab the 2 best hitters.
A lot of my leagues vlad tend to slide, so 2 of vlady/manny/delgado/thome type will give you a solid foundation
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Call me stupid

Postby guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:27 pm

But I'm taking Bret Boone and the best available SP. 2B is an extremely scarce position this year and I think a lot of the good SPs will be gone by the time draft comes back to me.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Clevelander » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:49 pm

if K's are a catagory for you you MUST get a stud pitcher, they wont be there on your next go around...as for 2B, are you kidding me...take your top bat then pull reyes in the 6-8 round. you wont be dissapointed, that and dont put so much worry at SS, everyone rushes for them, you will have a jeter by the 3-4 pick if you want one....
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bravo » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:43 pm

Thanks for all the advice everyone. That is a lot of good info.
Bravo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers