Forgotten Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Forgotten Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Forgotten Prospects

Postby oddmanout7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:09 am

Mark Rogers (MIL - SP)
Rogers, who turns 23 in January, has not pitched in a baseball game since July 2006 when he injured his right shoulder while playing for the Brevard County Manatees in the Class A Florida State League.

The following January, he underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum and tighten a loose ligament.

Last June, Rogers underwent arthroscopic procedures to remove scar tissue that developed after the earlier surgery.

He can reach the high 90s with his fastball. In 2006 in A+ ball he K'd 96 in 71ip with 53BB. He certainly has upside, but I think this next season will be very telling for the once top prospect.

Eric Campbell (ATL - 3B)
Last season repeating A+ ball he hit .255/.362/.479 with 19HR and 4SB as a 22 year old. That is a disappointment from what was supposed to be his break out season in 2006 .294/.333/.514 with 22HR and 18SB as 20year old in A ball. I am not sure what to expect from the guy who was once touted as Chippers replacement.

Cesar Carrillo (SD - SP)

Cesar Carrillo fanned six of the seven hitters he faced for the Saguaros of the AFL on Tuesday.
The other had a single. Carrillo, who came back from Tommy John surgery in June, has a 4.00 ERA and a 12/3 K/BB ratio in nine innings. The Padres are expected to add him to their 40-man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

I know that he had a mid 90s fastball before the surgery. What do you guys see from him?
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Forgotten Prospects

Postby MikeeDee » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:33 am

Even before the surgery most scouts and analysts seemed to think Carillo was more of a 3rd starter type than a stud (his secondary offerings were deemed too inconsistent). I think a middle of the rotation starter for a decent team will be his ceiling at this point.

The way the Padres are going though he might be pitching in their season opener in 2010. :-b
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball