Feedback on my offseason trades and keepers...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Feedback on my offseason trades and keepers...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Feedback on my offseason trades and keepers...WHIR

Postby jonance » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:45 pm

12 Team H2H Keeper League
6x6 (5x5 + OPS/Holds)
Keep 4-7 MLB players 3x each / Keep 2-4 Minors 5x each

Below are my keepers for next season. The number is parentheses next to each player is the amount of times they will have been kept after this keeper list is submitted next week. I made some pretty major trades to get to this point after finishing 9th last season and missing the playoffs....and am very satisfied with my offseason, but I'd love some feedback to see how you guys think i did. Thanks to all who helped me with my trades and just post a link if you need help with trades/keepers ;-D

Players in red acquired via trade this offseason (Trade details below keeper list)

Majors
1. Miguel Cabrera (1)[/color]
2. Chase Utley (1)[/color]
3. Mark Teixeira (2)
4. Manny Ramirez (1)
5. Carlos Quentin (1)
6. Roy Halladay (2)
7. Brandon Webb (1)[/color]

Minors
1. Michael Moutakas (1)
2. Rick Porcello (1)

Trade #1 - I trade Travis Snyder/Chad Billingsley for Johan Santana
Trade #2 - I trade Johan Santana for Manny Ramirez/Roy Halladay
Trade #3 - I trade Vlad Guerrero/Derrek Lee for Mark Teixeira
Trade #4 - I trade Troy Tulowitski/Matt LaPorta/Carlos Carrasco for Carlos Quentin

I started off with an aging squad with declining numbers (Vlad, Lee, etc)...and a few stars (Webb, Utley, Miggy)...after last season I had to make some major moves to contend so I decided to trade my best minor league guys. I was able to get a great deal for Santana from a guy whose been trying to trade him since last season with no luck. I quickly flipped Santana two days later for Manny and Halladay. I don't see Halladay too far behind Santana and a great 2nd ace for my staff. Plus Manny for 4 seasons will be great in an OPS league, which was a factor in my next 2 trades as well. I like Vlad and Lee...but with only 7 keepers I found an opportunity to grab Teix...hopefully he'll land somewhere with plenty of RBI opps. Finally today I found a taker on LaPorta, who i've been trying to deal. I wasn't planning to keep Tulo and he wanted Carrasco. I received the final piece of my teams puzzle in Carlos Quentin....another OPS monster if he performs even close to last year. I end up still having Moustakas and Porcello to keep for my minors. Well....how'd I do? :-?

Stew
jonance
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Feedback on my offseason trades and keepers...WHIR

Postby fast dogs » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 am

You certainly have to be happy with the end result. I'm not as big as most on Manny's next several years but I feel the same way about Vlad. But your final 7 are certainly a nice squad to begin the draft with.
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 317)

Postby sinkerslider » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:41 am

All the moves are nice. Very sharp of you to capitalize on people trying to improve their keeper situations by dealing 2 good players for one great one. If this was a dynasty, I'd say trade #4 comes back to haunt you, but did the guy really keep all 3? Just curious, does this mean you can only keep Teixeira and Halladay for one more year (so '09 and '10)?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=364048
sinkerslider
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Diamond Miners » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Great moves, very similar to my kind of thinking. I'm not sure I like Manny for the long haul, but surely be very serviceable next year. Then you can probably trade him next offseason in a similar to package to the Vlad/Lee for Teix deal.

Good luck, see my sig for link on mine.
Good luck, feel free to PM me
DM

Minor League forum
Diamond Miners
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team