Black Friday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Black Friday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Black Friday

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Yoda wrote:Check out Costco. They typically have the best stuff for the money.

i may do that as well...

Yoda wrote:Yeah maybe it is because I don't have a lot of free time but unless I am saving like $2000, I don't think waiting in line over night in the cold is worth it.

same here...i value my free-time/sleep much more than $50 i might save on a Garmin
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Show » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 pm

If I do go Black Friday shopping, it'll probably be on amazon. Don't have to get up early, don't have to race to the stores, and don't have to wait in line ;-)
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby J35J » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:30 pm

One of these years I'm going to go out and just sit and watch the crazies arguing with each other and all the madness that goes with it...that would be pure entertainment right there!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:32" LCD TV as well

ive seen a TON of low priced 32 inch lcd's, especially 720's. personally id opt for the 1080p, but if it doesnt matter much to you, you can get a fairly nice 720i for cheap.

I could be wrong but I heard that you won't see a difference between 720p and 1080p unless your screen size is over 42".

most tv stations dont operate in "full hd" anyway so it doesnt matter right now, but soon enough no one will want 720's when everyone starts using "full hd", which is why most places have very good deals on the 720s.

i bought a 42' panasonic viera 1080 plasma about 2 months ago for about $1000 after taxes and it has been perfect for me. i also bought a ps3 with it. a 720 wont handle the blu-ray as well as the 1080 which is another reason why i opted for the 1080.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:00 pm

I worked during black Friday at Target 2 years ago here in So Cal and I can say while the store was certainly busy, it's not the brutal scene those fearing it in here seem to be speaking of. I enjoyed getting BF deals + Employee Discount on some stuff. I got season sets of various shows I liked for like $10(Arrested Development, South Park, Seinfeld) it was nice.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 pm

J35J wrote:One of these years I'm going to go out and just sit and watch the crazies arguing with each other and all the madness that goes with it...that would be pure entertainment right there!

I've done it one time.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Though I don't think it will be that bad this year with the downturn in the economy.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Field » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Seems pretty overblown to me. You would never catch me shopping on a day like today. Why the hell would you want to wake up early, battle for parking, wait in lines and deal with annoying people? It doesn't make any sense at all to me, those factors alone out weigh any cost savings. I also expect retailers to continue speicla 'sales' all the way through the Christmas holiday to boost sales in the slugish economy.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The_Show » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:41 pm

So anyone get anything?

I bought a Blu-ray movie on amazon. That's about it :-°
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Madison wrote:I don't think it will be a run of the mill Black Friday this year. I think it will either be much busier than usual (as everyone has saved for this day), or it will be much slower than unusual (no "hot" item/toy/game system or whatever this year - read an article about that last week).

So I'm curious to see how it goes. B-)

From everything I've seen and heard, it was much busier than usual this year.

Could have just been the DFW metroplex, but I'm curious to see what the *official* reports are though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:00 am

I didn't have any money to spend anyway, but I looked through the ads and didn't see any amazing deals. I was expecting limited quantity 26 inch HD's for 200 bucks but the lowest I saw was $300 which I've seen other times during the year. I think I saw a $500 dollar 32 inch generic brand 720p as well which isn't that great of a deal- again one you could find at other times during the year. A lot of people think that the big deals are yet to come to keep people shopping which I think is probably going to be the case. I was expecting Black Friday to be a hit this year because people are trying to get the best deals possible.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk