Think you can beat the Cafe experts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Think you can beat the Cafe experts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Think you can beat the Cafe experts?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:The Cow is unbearably annoying. Let him in on the condition that he shut up and play fantasy baseball.

People in glass houses.............................

;-7 :-D

Gee, I thought I was being witty and cute since I started posting on a regular basis. :-b

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:28 am

yoda is another one who i feel like talks the talks but we never get to see him in many cafe leagues. :-?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:31 am

Snakes Gould wrote:yoda is another one who i feel like talks the talks but we never get to see him in many cafe leagues. :-?

I play in two money leagues and another very competitive league. Way too much work.

I am quitting one money league so I may have time but I am planning on going back to school so I do not know whether I will have time. You guys would kick my ass anyway so why do you care? ;-7
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:34 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:The Cow is unbearably annoying. Let him in on the condition that he shut up and play fantasy baseball.

People in glass houses.............................

;-7 :-D

Gee, I thought I was being witty and cute since I started posting on a regular basis. :-b

At least your mother loves you :-D

Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:yoda is another one who i feel like talks the talks but we never get to see him in many cafe leagues. :-?

I play in two money leagues and another very competitive league. Way too much work.

I am quitting one money league so I may have time but I am planning on going back to school so I do not know whether I will have time. You guys would kick my ass anyway so why do you care?

Yoda's track coach makes long speeches, so he doesn't have time. :-S :-S
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 20)

Postby The Cow » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:37 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Snakes nobody has more to prove than you. 15,000+ posts and no expert icon? Say what? You need to win this league to get the icon.

winning a league will not get me an icon, nor change anyone's opinion of me. i have already won leagues with people in this one.

As for me joining, you keep your spot. I want to see how you do. I have zero to prove those that have been in league with me understand as much.

see the thing is. very few people here have been in a league with you, even though you spew some off the wall things and claim how great you are.

I was under the assumption that this was a roto league without a moves limit etc..., thats the only way I would play.

to only play one format limits your abilites and knowledge in my eyes. sure you can prefer one way over another, but to just not play one way is selling yourself short.

Reason is simple, fun. I do stupid things thoughout the year like picking up Omar Vizquel, why? Because I like the guy.

i think this is the reason why most people disagree with you and occasionally call you a fool.

Snakes I have played in every format known to man, just about. I have come to the conclusion that if I am going to invest my time in a league, I would like for it to be a league I enjoy. For instance I have played in plenty of head to head leagues and I have decided I am done with head to head, just don't like it. When I join a league I join and give as close to 100% as I can for the entire year. I don't join leagues and idly watch them, I join and micromanage the heck out of my team. Squeezing every ounce out of my team. So why waste my time in a lame format? If someone has a format that seems interesting I will try it, sure, but I am not going to play in formats I do not enjoy.

You called me a fool in another thread and I showed you point blank that you were wrong, because you conveniently omitted stats to attempt to prove your point. Now you call me a fool because I like to have fun with my fantasy teams? It really does not matter to me what you think. IMO if you want your precious expert icon and I know you do. Your posts need to contain more substance and less insults. But whatever if it floats your boat to fling an insult feel free just do not expect me to react in kind. I may talk trash, a heaping butt load, but I seldom if ever fling personal attacks, but to each his own. Now that was way to civil.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:42 am

1. i didnt call you a fool here. i was simply saying that comments like the one you just made will perhaps lead people to.

2. im not getting in this again, but you didnt prove me wrong in the other thread, you were wrong, and the fact you keep bringing it up to start a flame war is pathetic. just drop it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:43 am

Yoda wrote:

I am quitting one money league so I may have time but I am planning on going back to school so I do not know whether I will have time. You guys would kick my ass anyway so why do you care? ;-7

i obviously know that you know your stuff, i just never see you in the leagues here which are very fun and competitive. id like to see you join one.

AussieDodger wrote:Yoda's track coach makes long speeches, so he doesn't have time. :-S :-S

i LOL'ed at this one.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:45 am

The Cow wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Snakes nobody has more to prove than you. 15,000+ posts and no expert icon? Say what? You need to win this league to get the icon.

winning a league will not get me an icon, nor change anyone's opinion of me. i have already won leagues with people in this one.

As for me joining, you keep your spot. I want to see how you do. I have zero to prove those that have been in league with me understand as much.

see the thing is. very few people here have been in a league with you, even though you spew some off the wall things and claim how great you are.

I was under the assumption that this was a roto league without a moves limit etc..., thats the only way I would play.

to only play one format limits your abilites and knowledge in my eyes. sure you can prefer one way over another, but to just not play one way is selling yourself short.

Reason is simple, fun. I do stupid things thoughout the year like picking up Omar Vizquel, why? Because I like the guy.

i think this is the reason why most people disagree with you and occasionally call you a fool.

Snakes I have played in every format known to man, just about. I have come to the conclusion that if I am going to invest my time in a league, I would like for it to be a league I enjoy. For instance I have played in plenty of head to head leagues and I have decided I am done with head to head, just don't like it. When I join a league I join and give as close to 100% as I can for the entire year. I don't join leagues and idly watch them, I join and micromanage the heck out of my team. Squeezing every ounce out of my team. So why waste my time in a lame format? If someone has a format that seems interesting I will try it, sure, but I am not going to play in formats I do not enjoy.

You called me a fool in another thread and I showed you point blank that you were wrong, because you conveniently omitted stats to attempt to prove your point. Now you call me a fool because I like to have fun with my fantasy teams? It really does not matter to me what you think. IMO if you want your precious expert icon and I know you do. Your posts need to contain more substance and less insults. But whatever if it floats your boat to fling an insult feel free just do not expect me to react in kind. I may talk trash, a heaping butt load, but I seldom if ever fling personal attacks, but to each his own. Now that was way to civil.

The Cow

Relax Cow. I didn't see Snakes' post as attacking and he didn't call you a fool. He just said that's why some people call you a fool. The truth is that you WERE actually selected to be in this league, but a few of the participants retracted their votes for you due to posts like the above. Trash talking is fine, but there's certainly a line, which you've been crossing a bit more lately...
Last edited by rookies and cream on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:47 am

When we're choosing characters in Super Smash Bros., a friend of mine always picks Pikachu. When he plays as Pikachu, he gets in first like almost half the time. But when we all pick random and he plays at any other character, he gets flattened and places last about half the time. That's why I practice on random characters, and that's why the Cow needs to diversify his leagues.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:48 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:When we're choosing characters in Super Smash Bros., a friend of mine always picks Pikachu. When he plays as Pikachu, he gets in first like almost half the time. But when we all pick random and he plays at any other character, he gets flattened and places last about half the time. That's why I practice on random characters, and that's why the Cow needs to diversify his leagues.

You lost me at Pikachu... :-b
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers