Mafia XI - Day 5 - Inuk Caught With Penis Stuck in Pasta Jar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia XI - Day 5 - Inuk Caught With Penis Stuck in Pasta Jar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia XI - Day 5 -- Recap & Commentary

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:09 pm

chris8 wrote:
The_Show wrote:Wow townie was so close to a huge comeback.

Wish I did follow up on my "why is chris still alive" argument. I actually did guess chris to be mafia after he voted for me, but it was too late. In that situation, I don't see a townie making that vote because it was pretty clear that Teddy was mafia.

Yeah, I thought my making that vote would give it away, and I would actually have held back if I hadn't been so sure of nailing the ISK that night. A mistake which fortunately went unpunished.

Yoda wrote:Why the hell would I kill a mafia member on Day 4 Inuk? Are you serious? Can't believe you killed me.

By the time I got online today, Day 4 had already been and gone! I'm really not sure what I'd have done if I'd been around when you guys were. It might have been worth the gamble of putting the second vote on Aussie & then trusting that the ISK would take that to assume that the other guy must be the last mafia instead. I'm guessing that Inuk thought that that was what you were doing with the hesitation to vote?

It doesn't make any sense if I were mafia to kill another mafia member on Day 4. There is no logic in that plan whatsoever.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Yoda wrote:
chris8 wrote:
The_Show wrote:Wow townie was so close to a huge comeback.

Wish I did follow up on my "why is chris still alive" argument. I actually did guess chris to be mafia after he voted for me, but it was too late. In that situation, I don't see a townie making that vote because it was pretty clear that Teddy was mafia.

Yeah, I thought my making that vote would give it away, and I would actually have held back if I hadn't been so sure of nailing the ISK that night. A mistake which fortunately went unpunished.

Yoda wrote:Why the hell would I kill a mafia member on Day 4 Inuk? Are you serious? Can't believe you killed me.

By the time I got online today, Day 4 had already been and gone! I'm really not sure what I'd have done if I'd been around when you guys were. It might have been worth the gamble of putting the second vote on Aussie & then trusting that the ISK would take that to assume that the other guy must be the last mafia instead. I'm guessing that Inuk thought that that was what you were doing with the hesitation to vote?

It doesn't make any sense if I were mafia to kill another mafia member on Day 4. There is no logic in that plan whatsoever.

Not for you, no. But it was possibly a legitimate tactic for me, since everything else pointed my way at that point. If I had been online first, voting for Aussie would have sown some doubt in the mind of the ISK.

But no, as I said earlier, I was really surprised not to be ISK-ed last night!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Yoda, on day 4, it was obvious that Aussie was mafia. At that point it was a race to who could get their votes down. I said I knew you were innocent, but then you gave me the "I'm sorry" thing. Then you waited 10 minutes to vote. Then you put the weird bunch of symbols (what was that?). You had me totally confused. Had you just explained your thoughts and verified my claim, or even just busted out a 'good luck' or 'fingers crossed', then chris would be dead and the townies would have won. Instead I started wondering what all that weird posting was about, and I concluded that you were trying to confuse whoever the ISK was, which was really mafia-ish. Since Aussie was the other mafioso, who knows what he's doing at that time of day Australia time? I figured you wanted to take your chances at night rather than pray Aussie logged on before chris. You need to understand, I didn't give a crap whether it was the townies or the mafia that won the game.

On another note, I wanted teddy dead on night 1 so bad, but I knew you guys would trace that back to me. I could finally pull the trigger on night 3 when he dropped the hammer on show.

ISK is a really weird role. You have to walk a fine line between being vocal without coming across as a mafia threat. You want to seem helpful to avoid townie suspicion, but you don't want to be too helpful and get the mafia's attention. Normally, the best way to do it would be to play the game like a crappy townie, but you are trying to help the town sniff out mafia at the same time... it definitely was a lot of fun, though.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:26 pm

I thought it was obvious. I knew on Day 4 that you were ISK, obviously since we are the ones that voted for Aussie. Chris8 played a very good game as mafia but you really should have nailed him over night. Oh well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:28 pm

The_Show wrote:Wish I did follow up on my "why is chris still alive" argument. I actually did guess chris to be mafia after he voted for me, but it was too late. In that situation, I don't see a townie making that vote because it was pretty clear that Teddy was mafia.

This was another reason why I was convinced chris may have been mafia. Of course, then I thought the same thing could be said about me.

Oh and Yoda, you mentioned I killed 3 townies. I did. I went 1-4. Of course, the first was on purpose (a whole lot of good that did me though... !+) ) But as I recall, so did you with your lynch votes. Clark, snakes, show, then aussie... The bottom line is, no one can pick out mafia every time...

Oh, and what the heck is this: [-O<? Am I the only one that thinks it looks like an evil grin turned sideways??? That drove me nuts!
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Praying. Obviously didn't work.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Well, no point in crying over spilled milk. I'm still baffled by the fact that you and I both vote a mafioso out and then you killed me. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm still confused... !+) Oh well, like I said, I would have lost either way. Sorry for ruining the greatest town comeback ever. Not like I care though...I'M INSANE!!!

And also dead.

Seriously though Yoda, I mentioned that you were playing a great game regardless of role, and you finished strong. Considering there was no investigator or doctor, the townies ended up playing a great game at the end. I just wished you were a bit more vocal on day 4, as it would have made my choice easier...

Well, no point in crying over spilled milk. I'm still baffled by the fact that you and I both vote a mafioso out and then you killed me.

Yeah, like chris said, he might have done the same thing and I was definitely thinking that way.
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Good game guys. Once it got to Day 3 it was just a waiting game for someone to put the second vote on The Show, and then making sure me and chris were both online at the same time to make the final two, which is hard to pull off when you can't talk during the day.

I knew I gave myself up as mafia at that point. If we guessed the ISK that night then we would have won, but we were wrong so then Day 4 was just a race to see which side could get online fastest. If the mafia had won that race we would have won without question, but because Inuk and Yoda beat the mafia to the punch, it turned in to chris having to guess the ISK which I give him major props for. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I'm still confused... !+) Oh well, like I said, I would have lost either way. Sorry for ruining the greatest town comeback ever. Not like I care though...I'M INSANE!!!

And also dead.

Seriously though Yoda, I mentioned that you were playing a great game regardless of role, and you finished strong. Considering there was no investigator or doctor, the townies ended up playing a great game at the end. I just wished you were a bit more vocal on day 4, as it would have made my choice easier...

Well, no point in crying over spilled milk. I'm still baffled by the fact that you and I both vote a mafioso out and then you killed me.

Yeah, like chris said, he might have done the same thing and I was definitely thinking that way.

I figured that you would go with Chris since we both voted for Aussie who turned out to be mafia. Maybe I should have said something when I voted. That was my fault for not pointing out Chris to you. :-/
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk