First Ever Shadow League Forming!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

First Ever Shadow League Forming!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Ever Shadow League Forming!!!!

Postby headcase524 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:20 pm

I am currently in a league that I really like in terms of the rules and set up. It's a 12 team, 5x5 salary cap keeper leauge run through cbs with a $50 entry free. There is an auction and draft in the off season and then you can pick up minor leaguers throughout the season as well. The 5x5 is unique because it includes plate appearances and innings pitched so there is some strategy involved because you have to weigh starting more guys to get the pas with going down in categories like on base and slugging or era and whip if they do poorly. It's a great league with some really good owners however the commissioners are total assclowns and are running this thing into the ground. I should just quit but I've put too much time and effort into my team over the last few years to just walk away from it.

So what I'm going to do is recreate the exact same league aka a shadow league. Same rules and rosters but with all new owners. I'm anticipating about half of the league taking over their old teams in this new league. However I might have as many as 6 teams that need new owners. Some of these teams would need to be rebuilt but others are in great shape. The 1st and 3rd place teams for example are both going to be available. Obviously everyone is going to want take over the best team so before I post the rosters I just want to hear back from a few people who are experienced in auction keeper leagues and know a lot about minor leaguers. And then once I have 12 owners we'll figure out whose going to get what team.

Please contact me at craigshames@yahoo.com or on aim at headcase524 if you want more information about the league.
headcase524
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds