Opinions on Guerra - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Opinions on Guerra

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Opinions on Guerra

Postby Maow » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:24 am

I know he is still young, but he had a bad year. Is he still a top prospect for the Mets? I am not sure what to make of a guy who even as a youngster his top pitch is a change-up. Thanks!
Maow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Opinions on Guerra

Postby kab21 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:04 pm

He's with the Twins now, but I would say that he is no longer a top prospect. It will be interesting to hear the scouting reports, but the whispers that I heard had his fastball was <90mph this season. The one reason for optimism (very little optimism here) is that the Twins were working on his mechanics this season. And he might not have found a comfortable motion which could have limited his speed and control this season.

Personally I can't see him being a MiLB keeper unless your league is 200 MiLB'ers deep.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)

Postby MaudDib » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Agreed he is not much of a prospect right now. But if there is a Team that can get the most out of him, it's the Twins. They usually do a pretty good job with young SP.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 301)

Postby MikeeDee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 am

kab21 wrote:He's with the Twins now, but I would say that he is no longer a top prospect. It will be interesting to hear the scouting reports, but the whispers that I heard had his fastball was <90mph this season. The one reason for optimism (very little optimism here) is that the Twins were working on his mechanics this season. And he might not have found a comfortable motion which could have limited his speed and control this season.

Personally I can't see him being a MiLB keeper unless your league is 200 MiLB'ers deep.

I agree. He might end up in middle relief, but that's probably it.
He once hit a ball between my legs so hard that my center-fielder caught it on the fly backing up against the wall.

If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball