100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

808s & Heartbreak

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 808s & Heartbreak

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
jfg wrote:Intros and skits are the worst and I see no purpose for them.

No offense, but you must not listen to a lot of rap music then.

skits are terrible. ive listened to hip-hop music my whole life and i still do not get them. sure, one may be funny the first time you listen to it, but its never funny again so you skip right through it.

and we already know how you feel about intros :-b

Ha....I didn't really mean the skits.....those are absolutely awful.......like Ludacris....great Intro tracks, awful skits :-D
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby smoovethug » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
DK wrote:Intro tracks are very important... They set the mood for an album and can subconsciously (or, in some cases, consciously) change how you view the rest of the album.

AZ always has great intro tracks, which draws me further into the album every time I listen to him.

Yes! Jay-Z's intro tracks are off the hook (Dynasty, Vol. 3, even Vol. 2 with Bleek rapping) and to me are sort of like a thesis for the rest of the album. That's just how I've always looked at them though.

I won't say intro tracks are very important but when done right they can set the tone, get you hype for what's about to come, and welcome you to the album while thanking you for listening. I feel like listing a few of my favorite intros so I will.

"Stillmatic (Intro)" Nas - Stillmatic ..."They thought I'd make another Illmatic but it's always forward I'm moving never backwards stupid here's another classic"

"Hova Song (Intro)" Jay-Z - Vol. 3 ... "I know you just ripped the packaging off your CD" still seems to formally welcome me into the album even if it was almost 10 years ago that I ripped the packaging off my CD.

"The Ruler's Back" Jay-Z - The Blueprint ... "I'd like to thank everybody out there for their purchase..." again serves as a nice welcoming.

"Experience Dedication" Talib Kweli - Reflection Eternal

"Once Again" AZ - AZiatic

98% of skits get skipped instantly by me though after the first listen or two. Sure the skits on College Dropout were funny at first but after it wears off it just gets annoying, especially when 3 of tracks 14-17 are skits.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby smoovethug » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:41 am

Snakes Gould wrote:i cant disagree with any of that but i just never heard anyone say "i love X because of his intro's".

Tell me Intro - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot didn't get you amped up and I'll smack you in the face.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:33 am

Jay-Z's Intros rule. He is second to none. I also really like the Southern Fried Intro by Ludacris.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 813)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:18 am

smoovethug wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i cant disagree with any of that but i just never heard anyone say "i love X because of his intro's".

Tell me Intro - It's Dark And Hell Is Hot didn't get you amped up and I'll smack you in the face.

First intro I thought of when this conversation came up.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 253)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:13 pm

smoovethug wrote:

Yes, one of the hottest tracks ever. That whole album is great.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 pm

lol when i said X i meant it as a variable and not DMX. but yes its good, but i treat it as if its just another song on the album.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:lol when i said X i meant it as a variable and not DMX. but yes its good, but i treat it as if its just another song on the album.

I read it as a variable, but I did think of his intro right away when they were mentioned as it pulled me right into his album.

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:lol when i said X i meant it as a variable and not DMX. but yes its good, but i treat it as if its just another song on the album.

I read it as a variable, but I did think of his intro right away when they were mentioned as it pulled me right into his album.

I'm sitting here listening to my iPod on shuffle and the intro came on ;-D The intro from "Flesh..." is hot too.

I should be posting in the I'm drunk thread..

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby NorthSider2 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Amazing is good a song ;-D I like Kanye's new sound
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext