808s & Heartbreak - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

808s & Heartbreak

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

808s & Heartbreak

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Kanye's new album drops next week. I really do not know what to think about it. The songs are mostly sad songs about him breaking up with his girl friend.

...And oh, it is all Auto-Tune.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 808s & Heartbreak

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:33 pm

All the songs are up on YouTube. I gave them a listen yesterday. There's some good stuff on there, but the Auto-Tune is a bit much in that large a quantity. Few songs I remember liking are Heartless, Amazing, and Tell Everybody You Know...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby thedude » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:All the songs are up on YouTube. I gave them a listen yesterday. There's some good stuff on there, but the Auto-Tune is a bit much in that large a quantity. Few songs I remember liking are Heartless, Amazing, and Tell Everybody You Know...

Amazing and See You in My Nightmares are probably my two favorites.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 pm

thedude wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:All the songs are up on YouTube. I gave them a listen yesterday. There's some good stuff on there, but the Auto-Tune is a bit much in that large a quantity. Few songs I remember liking are Heartless, Amazing, and Tell Everybody You Know...

The Nightmares track is the same one I thought was called Tell Everybody You Know. That and Amazing were definitely the two that stuck out, aside from Heartless, to me. Most of the rest was meh.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 am

I gave all the songs a listen about a week or two ago and the only one I kept for my Ipod has tell everybody that you know. Not a big fan of the auto-tune. Some songs I like in auto tune but I can't take too much. I know kanye is going for something different here but I sure miss his older stuff. I would of liked it much more if it was a mix of some of this auto tune and some of his other style as well. From what I heard I like Heartless, tell everybody that you know the most and Amazing is not bad either. I would give it a 3/5 just for trying something different and trying something different.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am

bigh0rt wrote:
thedude wrote:

The Nightmares track is the same one I thought was called Tell Everybody You Know. That and Amazing were definitely the two that stuck out, aside from Heartless, to me. Most of the rest was meh.

i like welcome to heartbreak, heartless, paranoid/anyway, amazing, tell everybody that you know. the rest is just too slow/singy for me. i thought i was going to hate this album entirely because i wasnt too big a fan of this direction, but kanye rarely puts out complete garbage so i guess i should have had some faith in him.

also, there are some rumors that he will release Good Ass Job as a "regular" album next so i dont think this was a permanent move for him.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Production is good, but otherwise this gets a big "meh" from me. And what's with all this vocoder/autotune crap? It's everywhere. Worst thing to happen to music since...well, I don't know when, but since a while.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Production is good, but otherwise this gets a big "meh" from me. And what's with all this vocoder/autotune crap? It's everywhere. Worst thing to happen to music since...well, I don't know when, but since a while.

I don't mind it sometimes as an effect, but it sucks when it's overused or even worse, used to mask something.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 am

jfg wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Production is good, but otherwise this gets a big "meh" from me. And what's with all this vocoder/autotune crap? It's everywhere. Worst thing to happen to music since...well, I don't know when, but since a while.

I don't mind it sometimes as an effect, but it sucks when it's overused or even worse, used to mask something.

if kanye didnt have the auto-tuner to sing, hed be terrible so its good in that regard i guess.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Ludacris Theater of Mind also drops than.
I am hoping for some more awesomeness from LUDA.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to General Talk