JJ Hardy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

JJ Hardy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

JJ Hardy

Postby auclairkeithbc » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Is Escobar a lock to take over at SS for the Brewers? I am thinking about trading for hardy in a dynasty league, and if he loses SS eligibility that would hurt. Does anyone have an info? Will Hardy at least start the season at SS?
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: JJ Hardy

Postby C2ThaLo88 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:05 pm

My Yahoo! says that the Braves are looking to trade for Hardy. I imagine he'll be starting somewhere at SS, he's a solid youthful player and put up decent numbers this season. Had a tough slump towards the end but still good numbers.
C2ThaLo88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby B-Chad » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:57 am

I believe it's very unlikely that he'd get too few starts at SS in Mil. or elsewhere to qualify at SS after this season. I think Escobar will get some time at SS, but he'll have to prove he can hit big league pitching to take the position for his lonesome. Also the Brewers have to consider Gamel at 3rd and I imagine they'd be hard pressed to bench Hardy and devalue him as a trade chip. All of that is speculation on my part, on the non-speculative side Hardy has a player blurb on Yahoo! where Melvin quotes the importance of having two top notch SS on the big league roster and that they don't intend on trading and SS of all-star caliber (refering to Hardy).
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby irish158 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:20 am

There is no interest for the Brewers to trade Hardy. He will be the starting SS this year. GM Melvin said he wants Escobar to start the year at AAA. I believe Escobar will be up this year and possibly for the start of the season. He is the future if all goes well for him. But is it at SS or 2B. 2B Weeks is a horrible hitter and a huge defensive liability, I could see Escobar moving to 2B this year sometime.
Oh, by the way new Bench Coach Willie Randolph has worked with Escobar at 2B this winter but I haven't heard anything about this situation for about a month.
irish158
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Aaronta77 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Wouldn't they rather move Hardy to 2b...? Escobar's defense is supposed to be impeccable.

Not sure I have ever heard the same about Hardy's

A
Aaronta77
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby denicola_dominates » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm

jj is a solid option for the brewers at ss and is sure tio get loads of playing time for the brewers this year consdiering he has been a stud for them the past several seasons %-6
"Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical." -Yogi Berra

denicola_dominates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates