Chinese Democracy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Chinese Democracy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chinese Democracy

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 pm

This is terrible, just terrible. Such a shame, cause I really liked Guns N' Roses back when they were actually Guns N' Roses... :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Simulacrum wrote:You must be in denial or something Teddy. It's terrible. :-°

Define "it"? I can accept if people don't like it. It certainly doesn't sound like the Guns N' Roses of old, but I feel like people are close minded about the songs simply because of that. I'd just like to know what about it is so terrible, which songs you listened to, etc. (for anyone who bothered to listen, not just Sim). I'm honestly not trying to convince people it's the best album ever or anything either, just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts outside of the GN'R forums.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 pm

AC/DC and G&R top the charts and James Bond is #1 at the box office. We are in a creative wasteland. I blame George Bush for killing the hopes, dreams and imagination of a generation. Now if you will excuse me I have a game of trivial pursuit to finish.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

Define "it"? I can accept if people don't like it. It certainly doesn't sound like the Guns N' Roses of old, but I feel like people are close minded about the songs simply because of that. I'd just like to know what about it is so terrible, which songs you listened to, etc. (for anyone who bothered to listen, not just Sim). I'm honestly not trying to convince people it's the best album ever or anything either, just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts outside of the GN'R forums.

I listened to the first minute or so of the first 5 or 6 songs. Sometimes it takes more than one listen to appreciate an album, sometimes you tell right away. This one... well I'll dedicate another 10 minutes of my life to the remaining tracks but I'm not hopeful. It's just not GNR. It's Axl 20 years later and some other guys. Appetite is easily in my top 5, and I think UYI would be in my top 20.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:19 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

Sorry, I should explain that I am not the biggest GnR fan to begin with. Their singles amuse me when I hear them, but I don't own any albums other than Appetite. I find this Chinese Democracy album to be essentially un-listenable.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Meh. My buddy burned a CD for me. It's ok. I'll have to listen to it a couple times but it is not that great.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk