Mafia XI - Night 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia XI - Night 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia XI - Day 3

Postby The_Show » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Unvote: Aussie

Forgot there there were 3 mafia and 4 votes needed for lynching.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm suspicious of The Show and Janitor at this point.

I know I led the way on Snakes but he really seemed like a baddie to me based on a lot of things I mentioned. We shot and missed. When he slapped a vote on himself, we should have pulled ours back since it was a sign that he really isn't mafia given the situation at the time but most of us were already asleep.

Either way, it looks like we got our asses kicked unless we get every single lynching right. ISK didn't help our cause and also didnt' have the doctor or the investigator to help us this time around.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chris8 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 pm

TheJanitor wrote:Well this just makes me even more suspicious of chris8. I suspected him slightly before, but now the mafia kill KC, the one person he was defending the whole game. It seems like the perfect kill for them in order to help clear chris8's name since he would be the last person to kill him. I won't throw out a vote right away since its the last day. I'll wait to hear other people's opinions.

That's why I have a feeling that the mafia are trying to play us off against one another. It only needs one of us to crack and it's game over (that is, if you're innocent). Of course, if you are mafia, you've set this up very well in order to incriminate me, and to make me hesitate to cast a vote for you. But think about it - if I was mafia, why would I want KC to be killed, knowing that you had already stated this theory? It would be asking for trouble - I'd want to have killed someone with no connections to me whatsoever. No, either the mafia are trying to set us up, or you're playing a very good game as mafia yourself.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 116)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Just a heads up, guys, that this game is not over until the ISK is dead, even if Mafia outnumber Townies; so continue playing...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 373)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Just a heads up, guys, that this game is not over until the ISK is dead, even if Mafia outnumber Townies; so continue playing...

ooo touche.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:27 pm

The_Show wrote:But seriously, you guys are jumping on people way too fast. I haven't even voted once and it's day 3 8-o

The_Show wrote:I'd like to hear what Aussie has to say on all this:
Vote: Aussie

What an inconsistent post! Are you sure you didn't need to click review before you posted it?

The_Show wrote:chris8- I am curious as to why he's still alive. He's been the most helpful so it seems like he would of been a prime target for the mafia. He's either mafia playing a great game or the mafia are really dumb. Then again if he did get whacked, janitor would come under the most suspicion. And if janitor was mafia, keeping chris alive would make sense. Or maybe both Chris and janitor are mafia....?

The_Show wrote:Janitor- Definitely suspicious. He was really pushing for KC. But then if he was mafia, why would he whack KC? That doesn't add up.

The_Show wrote:Aussie- Way too quiet, but then again he always is. Too hard to tell.

You say all that about those two guys, and then you vote for me because I'm quiet? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, my allegedly killer friend. I think I have twice as many posts then you this game. This post has definitely drawn my vote.

Vote: The Show
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The_Show » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 pm

I really did forget we completely have our back against the wall. I've never played in a game where the townies got their ass completely handed to them on a silver platter (at least not from a townie perspective) where Day 3 meant make or break.

And the reason why I voted for you (before I realized it was make or break), was because you haven't been giving much input when you do post. Even if you post twice as much (I actually just looked back and I have more posts than you), my posts have been twice as long as yours. I have been giving my thoughts on the players, even if they're only once every few pages.

Length and number of posts shouldn't really matter though. With length, I could just BS everything. With post count, I could just spam. It's the content. I've been giving my thoughts on the players. Day 1, I admit I didn't play much of a role in. But it did go by really fast and when most of people were voting for dclark, I wasn't available (in the morning). In Day 2, I said how I thought someone new (probably janitor), was ISK. I also argued that I didn't believe snakes was mafia because it didn't make sense to me that he would use the same strategy again if it had failed last time.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm

I really have no doubts that The Show is mafia now. He claims he didn't realize the situation the town was in when he rushed in with a vote, but I'm thinking it's more that he hoped no one else would notice, would hop on his bandwagon, and in effect end the game (I know it will continue with the ISK still there, but the mafia will be able to pick off whoever they want during the day).

He says his content makes up for not posting often but I felt like his posts were mostly reiterations. Then after not voting for 2 days he comes right in and throws a vote down on Day 3 without much reasoning.

I'll hold off voting until we get some more thoughts, but I'm pretty convinced.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Show » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:45 pm

If you're so convinced why didn't you vote?

teddy ballgame wrote:I really have no doubts that The Show is mafia now. He claims he didn't realize the situation the town was in when he rushed in with a vote, but I'm thinking it's more that he hoped no one else would notice, would hop on his bandwagon, and in effect end the game (I know it will continue with the ISK still there, but the mafia will be able to pick off whoever they want during the day).

He says his content makes up for not posting often but I felt like his posts were mostly reiterations. Then after not voting for 2 days he comes right in and throws a vote down on Day 3 without much reasoning.

I'll hold off voting until we get some more thoughts, but I'm pretty convinced.

That doesn't make sense. If I was mafia, I wouldn't try to start a bandwagon. I would wait until someone casts a vote, then have all 3 mafia vote for the person with 1 vote on him and end the day (and possibly game).

I actually did that exact thing back in game 4. We needed 3 votes to lynch someone so when someone voted for jfg, me and JTwood jumped on and effectively ended the game after killing the ISK during the night.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:12 pm

This game has come to a halt. I'm too afraid to suggest anyone as Mafia at this point.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk