Mafia XI - Night 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia XI - Night 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia XI - Night 3

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:07 pm

After another unsuccessful day of Mafia Hunting, the Whos awake to find jfg, an Innocent Townie, brutally murdered, having been clubbed to death by a baby seal at the hands of the Insane Serial Killer. On the other side of town, KCollins1304, another Innocent Townie, at the bottom of the Whoville River, his feet having been encased in blocks of cement. He is wearing a tattered Hideki Irabu jersey, which investigators think may have caused his death at the hands of the Mafia. Seven members remain in our community, three of which are evil Mafioso scum, one of which is our Insane Serial Killer, and just three Innocent Townies remain...

Participants:
Inukchuk
Yoda
AussieDodger
teddy ballgame
TheJanitor
The_Show
chris8

And remember... a game is not a game unless it has rules...(I ask that you kindly respect them)...- After enough votes have been cast to lynch a player during the day, absolutely no more posting is permitted in the thread, except verification from the game moderator. The deceased are not to reveal themselves, nor are players still alive allowed to converse, at all.
- All Night time kills will be processed; meaning, if the mafia and ISK attempt to kill one another at Night, both players will be slaughtered.

Day 3 -- 4 votes for a lynchin'...
Last edited by bigh0rt on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia XI - Day 3

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:44 pm

%-6
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Greatest comeback ever?

I honestly think this game was ruined due to the short days. There hasn't been nearly enough back and forth. Obviously, we're whiffing on a regular basis, but some of the blame has to fall on the quiet ones... :-C

That being said, if we don't lynch a mafioso today, the game is over.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby chris8 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Greatest comeback ever?

I honestly think this game was ruined due to the short days. There hasn't been nearly enough back and forth. Obviously, we're whiffing on a regular basis, but some of the blame has to fall on the quiet ones... :-C

That being said, if we don't lynch a mafioso today, the game is over.

We simply cannot afford to throw out quick votes today. Take our time, think things through, go back over the previous days, and try to come to a concensus.

I can't altogether blame the ISK for taking out jfg after he swooped in to cast the killing vote on Snakes. He'd have been high on my list of suspects today if the ISK hadn't got to him first.

And speaking of Snakes, it really bugs me when townies vote for themselves. Why do they do it? It serves absolutely no purpose except for getting themselves lynched. Fight your corner, for goodness sake. :-t

I'm going to check through the other days before I post my thoughts about those left alive at this point.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 pm

:-/

Sorry Snakes...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Show » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Rally time!!!

But seriously, you guys are jumping on people way too fast. I haven't even voted once and it's day 3 8-o

Well Yoda said we could kill him if snakes turned out innocent. I don't see why he would say that unless (1) he's townie or (2) he's mafia and is willing to give up his life so that we all vote for him quickly and end the game faster for the mafia.

chris8- I am curious as to why he's still alive. He's been the most helpful so it seems like he would of been a prime target for the mafia. He's either mafia playing a great game or the mafia are really dumb. Then again if he did get whacked, janitor would come under the most suspicion. And if janitor was mafia, keeping chris alive would make sense. Or maybe both Chris and janitor are mafia....?

Aussie- Way too quiet, but then again he always is. Too hard to tell.

Janitor- Definitely suspicious. He was really pushing for KC. But then if he was mafia, why would he whack KC? That doesn't add up.

Teddy- I'm not sure of. I still have suspicion on him from Day 1.

Inuk- Someone else I'm sure of. Is it possible the argument between Teddy and Inuk was faked? Teddy's argument against Inuk seemed rather weak and they made up pretty quickly.

I'm curious as to why KC was chosen. I would guess because it was pretty much accepted that he was townie, so killing him in that sense would make sense.

I'd like to hear what Aussie has to say on all this:
Vote: Aussie
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Well, there are now more baddies than townies. Isn't the game over? :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheJanitor » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:18 pm

Well this just makes me even more suspicious of chris8. I suspected him slightly before, but now the mafia kill KC, the one person he was defending the whole game. It seems like the perfect kill for them in order to help clear chris8's name since he would be the last person to kill him. I won't throw out a vote right away since its the last day. I'll wait to hear other people's opinions.
TheJanitor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Yoda wrote:Well, there are now more baddies than townies. Isn't the game over? :-?

the mafia must be in the majority or equal tothe total number of members. right now, its 3/7 so you have one more day.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chris8 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:31 pm

OK, here's where we're at:

People left: myself, Inuk, Yoda, Aussie, teddy, janitor, show. 3 are mafia, 3 are townies, 1 is ISK.

If we lynch a townie today, we're left with 3 mafia, 2 townies & the ISK. Tonight, the mafia take out a townie or the ISK, leaving us with 3 mafia & 2 non-mafia (either ISK/townie or 2 townies). Even if the ISK takes out a mafia himself, that leaves us with 2 mafia and 2 non-mafia. Tell me if I've got this wrong, but I think the upshot is that if we don't hit a mafia today, we've lost.

Reviewing what has happened so far:

Day 1, dclark lynched. Voted for by Aussie, KCollins, Snakes, Inuk, wake, Yoda & Mookie.

Since then, KC, Snakes, wake & Mookie have been cleared. I don't think the mafia are daft enough to have all 3 of them be part of the lynching on day 1, so I'd expect at most 2 of Aussie, Inuk & Yoda to be mafia, and perhaps only one.

Night 1, mafia killed Mookie; ISK killed wake. Mookie came as no surprise, but we have no clue why the ISK picked on wake. I don't think there's much to help us from the events of night 1.

Day 2, Snakes lynched. Voted for by Aussie, Yoda, me, himself ( %-6 ) and jfg. Snakes & jfg are cleared, leaving 3 of us left. Again, would all 3 of the mafia be involved in the lynching? Unlikely. Since I know I'm innocent, I expect one of Aussie or Yoda to be mafia, and perhaps both.

While we're looking at the lynchings, Janitor, teddy & TheShow didn't vote for either of the guys who were lynched. I'd expect at least one of them to be mafia as well, trying to keep their hands free of bloodstains!

Night 2, mafia killed KCollins, ISK killed jfg. I don't blame the ISK for going after jfg, for reasons I said before. Why did the mafia take out KCollins? I said all along that I thought he was likely not to be mafia, and that's proved to be correct. TheJanitor, especially, called me out for doing that, whilst voting for KC himself all along. We're the only two people left alive who have been linked with him in any obvious way, although others have said they thought he was innocent as well. Maybe the mafia want me & Janitor to pick up where we left off earlier, for one of us to cast a vote on the other one, so that they can swoop in, lynch him and win the game. Well, I'm not clearing Janitor from suspicion, but there's no way I'm going to rush in putting a vote on him with so much at stake.

So here are my thoughts on those people who are left:

Inuk - he is so hard to read. Always seems helpful. I said yesterday that I thought he was either a good townie or a great mafia. That's still how I feel.

Yoda - led the lynching for Snakes. I can't blame him too much, because everything he said made sense. One of only two people to have voted for both lynchings. Said twice that we could vote him off today if he was wrong - on one hand, it seems odd that a mafia would say that, but on the other hand, maybe he's counting on me thinking that.

Aussie - Playing his usual game, as far as I can tell. Voted for both those lynched - but was first both times. Would the mafia take that risk? Snakes said he suspected him, but never said why. The Show has voted for him today.

Teddy - Was in the top section of my list of suspects earlier on, when he went from trying his new tactic of posting a lot more, and then going back to hardly posting at all. But then came back and has been a bit more active since. Voted for The Show on Day 2. Really not sure about teddy at the moment.

Janitor - I've suspected him from Day 1 because of his persistent voting for KC. Still high on my list of suspects, but the fact that the mafia killed KC makes me pause. It kind of feels like they want me to put a vote on TheJanitor, which is why I won't at the moment.

TheShow - Really uncomfortable with the fact that he's thrown a vote out so early on a day when we have to be so careful. Having not voted at all on Days 1 & 2, he has a go at us for jumping on people too fast...and then does exactly that today! Surely a townie wouldn't throw out a vote so early on such a crucial day?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 109)

Next

Return to General Talk