Toddler dust-up... instigated by dad... posted to YouTube. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Toddler dust-up... instigated by dad... posted to YouTube.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Toddler dust-up... instigated by dad... posted to YouTube.

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 am

2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Toddler cockfight... instigated by dad... posted to YouTube.

Postby The_Show » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:49 am

That is really sick. I hope the kids involved don't grow up to think that it's okay do such things. Being in the army, I thought the father would of valued his family because you never know what might happen if he were to get shipped overseas.
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:58 am

Man, dumber and dumber things keep happening. :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chris8 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:07 am

I'm not going to click on that link - it sickens me just to think about it. :-C

How can people do this sort of thing to their children? :-t :-t
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:59 am

Um what?

:-S :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:53 am

Couple of things...

I don't think it's only that more dumb things keep happening. I think, as much as that, it's that we have a news climate that makes sure they thrust this stuff in our faces. My guess is the rate of occurrence of this kind of stuff is relatively static, while the rate of exposure has risen. This kind of stuff used to be local news fodder, but as "tabloid journalism" has risen, these kinds of stories are now becoming "national news." The fact of the matter is, this story has zero national importance. It is not endemic to society as a whole, just some awful thing that this one dad did. We should be getting a steady diet of Iraq/Afghanistan, Budget, Economy, etc.; Social issues like Prop 8 and the safe haven crisis; Global warming and the causes/cures; the ongoing shenanigans of this presidential administration (where's woodward and These are the things our national news outlets should be focusing on.

Second, I've had it with the salesmanship of the news. I grasp that the news is a commodity that they market to their audience. I just don't have to like it. Labeling this a "cockfight" is just stupid. It's exploitation and inciteful, and I think it is distasteful from a "respected" news outlet like CNN (although that label is very strained lately).
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 am

knapplc wrote:Couple of things...

I don't think it's only that more dumb things keep happening. I think, as much as that, it's that we have a news climate that makes sure they thrust this stuff in our faces. My guess is the rate of occurrence of this kind of stuff is relatively static, while the rate of exposure has risen. This kind of stuff used to be local news fodder, but as "tabloid journalism" has risen, these kinds of stories are now becoming "national news." The fact of the matter is, this story has zero national importance. It is not endemic to society as a whole, just some awful thing that this one dad did. We should be getting a steady diet of Iraq/Afghanistan, Budget, Economy, etc.; Social issues like Prop 8 and the safe haven crisis; Global warming and the causes/cures; the ongoing shenanigans of this presidential administration (where's woodward and These are the things our national news outlets should be focusing on.

Second, I've had it with the salesmanship of the news. I grasp that the news is a commodity that they market to their audience. I just don't have to like it. Labeling this a "cockfight" is just stupid. It's exploitation and inciteful, and I think it is distasteful from a "respected" news outlet like CNN (although that label is very strained lately).

I could not agree more with you, knapp. This whole degeneration of society, sky falling mentality is so warped by the simple fact that all the garbage that happens anymore, we have immediate access to, whereas previously it simply was not presented to us -- a large population seem to think that it wasn't happening. It was. We just get it rammed in our faces 24/7 now, from a variety of new outlets and sources that technology has made possible.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby Madison » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
knapplc wrote:Couple of things...

I could not agree more with you, knapp. This whole degeneration of society, sky falling mentality is so warped by the simple fact that all the garbage that happens anymore, we have immediate access to, whereas previously it simply was not presented to us -- a large population seem to think that it wasn't happening. It was. We just get it rammed in our faces 24/7 now, from a variety of new outlets and sources that technology has made possible.

Agreed as well with one minor difference.

I really don't think there were things like this happening 40-80 years ago. Dumber and dumber things are happening that are new and didn't happen before. Morals are decaying and education is down (not screaming the sky is falling, just pointing out the truth). Combine the two and we get new goofy stuff like this kid fight.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:01 pm

that is horrible, the thought of the dad letting that happen and just watching is sickening
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:11 am

abrage22 wrote:that is horrible, the thought of the dad letting that happen and just watching is sickening

I agree it was terrible :-t

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Next

Return to General Talk