Sick of yahoo leagues already - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sick of yahoo leagues already

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sick of yahoo leagues already

Postby tlef316 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:30 am

i really dont know why i bother with yahoo public leagues anymore. they were ok when i was just learning, but now they just agrevate me.

i realize that they are full of beginers and 13 yr olds, but i expect at least some basic knowledge

in one of my leagues, i have 5 quality OF's. i post a message on the league board saying OF for sale and stating what i would like in return. i have gotten nothing but ridiculus offers

Palmiero for vlad(already have helton at 1B)
Wakefield and reggie sanders for vlad(garbage)
Paul Konerko for vlad(please)

i've been getting like 6 lowball offers a day. its driving me nuts. finaly, i just felt the need to rant. the guys in the league are now giving me a bunch of crap for "dissing them" on the board, but frankly, i dont care. they deserve it for trying to offer such crappy deals.

ok, rant over, have a nice weekend ;-D
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dude86 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:35 am

I also have the rants on the Yahoo message board. I just couldn't hold back when the guy who had Julio Lugo as his starting SS felt the need to make a nasty comment about my superior team. This is also the same guy who dropped Polanco for Aaron Boone.
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bravelaker » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:04 am

When im on yahoo now i dont even try to post people are available i make offers because of exactly what you are talking about everyone is trying to get over
bravelaker
College Coach
College Coach

yahoo leagues

Postby ccjj17 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:04 pm

You have to accept the yahoo leagues for what they are, FREE. There's no risk involved to join a yahoo league so you can expect people who don't know squat will join these leagues. I personally am in two of them so I could do some live drafting before my two money leagues draft. I think it's great to be able to do a live draft for free but I don't take it too serious after that but I do still manage my team throughout the year. When someone makes you a rediculous offer make one back, don't get all bent out of shape.
ccjj17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby drunkenmonkey » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:42 pm

I used to leave messages with my trade rejections stating "Why do you keep offering me bench trash for my star starters?" A day later, I'd get another trade offer for the same player for more bench trash. It's like some people think if they throw ridiculous trades at you long enough, they'll find your hot button and you'll give in.

Now, I just hit the trade reject button and go on without leaving any messages. What's the point - they'll never understand anyway.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Casimir » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:53 pm

drunkenmonkey wrote:I used to leave messages with my trade rejections stating "Why do you keep offering me bench trash for my star starters?" A day later, I'd get another trade offer for the same player for more bench trash. It's like some people think if they throw ridiculous trades at you long enough, they'll find your hot button and you'll give in.

Now, I just hit the trade reject button and go on without leaving any messages. What's the point - they'll never understand anyway.

Why not try reverse psychology on the owner in question? If he asks for you Prior in exchange for his Kendall, come back with your Vina for his Helton?
Addicted to the Cafe on 01/04/04.
Casimir
College Coach
College Coach

Location: On my way to the World Series victory parade for the Tigers.

Postby Andy1234 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:02 pm

Casimir wrote:Why not try reverse psychology on the owner in question? If he asks for you Prior in exchange for his Kendall, come back with your Vina for his Helton?
Its funny when you do this, more or less to prove a point, then they start complaining about you offering them crap for there good players. They don't even realize that that is exactly what they are doing.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

dont get mad

Postby Yahooballer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:18 pm

just do what others on here have suggested. make a ridiculous counter-offer. they'll get the point and leave you alone. one time, after receiving a trade offer for helton (during that dominant year) and giving up scrubs in return, i made a counter of ray durham for HIS WHOLE ENTIRE TEAM. HAHAHAHA. good times. needless to say, i didnt hear from him again.
Yahooballer

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:22 pm

Whew....yeah boy! Isn't it terrible that the other managers would try too swing a great deal for themselves? Shame on them! LMAO!

Also....did you ever hear the expression "One man's trash is another man's treasure"? Just because you think your players are the greatest...does not mean another mangaer thinks so highly of them.

If you don't like the offer....then reject it. What is so difficult about that? As the other poster said...their is no reason too get bent out of shape about it.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby 4Pack » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Sorry...forgot too sign in on that message.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers