Cafeholics Challenge 2009 - Filled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafeholics Challenge 2009 - Filled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cafeholics Challenge 2009

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:1. i think most of us play fantasy baseball (sports) because we like simulating what it would be like to run our own teams and having a max moves doesnt translate well for me. if there's a problem, i want to fix it asap, and not think well hmmm i might want to make a move 3 weeks from now, so ill hold off.

How many real MLB teams immediately go out and fix whatever problems may arise asap without having to weigh and consider how it will impact the near (and distant) future of the team? I'm sure there are quite a few teams each season that have an injury and would like to call someone up right away to replace them, but don't want to start their clock, so they call someone else or fill with a bench player. It's fine if you like to be able to have unlimited moves so you can immediately fix issues and drop and add as many players as you like until you find someone who works out, but let's not pretend that's closer to real baseball than being required to consider and think about all your moves in depth before making them.

true, but in real baseball you have a bench and a deep farm system to fix many problems. the only players teams dont want to start their clocks on are super prospects. with no bench, i feel like there should be a little more than 50 moves, is all im saying.

in a regular league with a regular bench, then i could understand a strict move limit, but with no bench i just dont see the point.

im all for trying new things out, and i would definitely play in this league or any league that was different. i was just mentioning preferences. i wasnt trying to change anything since im not even in this league. i never even tried to be because you were looking for "n00bs" and i dont really think i fall under that criteria.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Cow » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:08 am

jake_harv88 wrote:For the record 50 moves is a pretty decent amount. I dont see how that would limit you too much. The only way you would go over that is if you are making daily moves each and every week. Bottom line is that everyone likes their own format but how can you possibly chicken out after you talked such a big game?

Put up or shut up...

I have always been a big fan of running my mouth and cower running my mouth and cower. Thats how I roll. I play fantasy for fun, so if I don't like the settings then I don't play. I really don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone here. My record speaks for itself. Look up The Cow under Yahoo performance rating and that will give you a start as to why I have nothing to prove. Uh-oh I was arrogant again, time to run for the nearest bush.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:40 am

The Cow wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:For the record 50 moves is a pretty decent amount. I dont see how that would limit you too much. The only way you would go over that is if you are making daily moves each and every week. Bottom line is that everyone likes their own format but how can you possibly chicken out after you talked such a big game?

Put up or shut up...

I have always been a big fan of running my mouth and cower running my mouth and cower. Thats how I roll. I play fantasy for fun, so if I don't like the settings then I don't play. I really don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone here. My record speaks for itself. Look up The Cow under Yahoo performance rating and that will give you a start as to why I have nothing to prove. Uh-oh I was arrogant again, time to run for the nearest bush.

The Cow

Can't spell cower without Cow, I guess...

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby The Cow » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:43 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:
The Cow wrote:

Put up or shut up...

The Cow

Absolutely, heck I almost pee'd myself out of sheer fear just thinking about joining a Cafe league. Now that was sarcasm. Though I really did pee myself a little, Mod edit: family site.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:49 am

The Cow wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:
The Cow wrote:

The Cow

Absolutely, heck I almost pee'd myself out of sheer fear just thinking about joining a Cafe league. Now that was sarcasm. Though I really did pee myself a little, Mod edit: family site.

The Cow

:-S

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:26 am

The Cow wrote:I play fantasy for fun, so if I don't like the settings then I don't play. I really don't feel the need to prove myself to anyone here. My record speaks for itself. Look up The Cow under Yahoo performance rating and that will give you a start as to why I have nothing to prove.

The Cow

A Yahoo rating means nothing. Yahoo leagues, most the time, have kids in them, people who quit after the draft, buddies who team up, or people with no sense, who make bad trades. The Cafe Masters and Challenge league are another story. If you want to prove yourself, play a high stakes money league. Anybody can pony up for free, were there is nothing to lose.

No one needs to say, look at my rating. Posts usually dictate the men from the boys. Not picking on you, but this Yahoo rating jumbo, that somehow makes someone worthy, is fishwrap in my book.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:32 am

it doesnt even have to be a challenge league or a masters league. im now involved in 3 cafe leagues that have high competition levels and a great mix of "holics", "experts", long timers, and guys who just pop in and out. everyone is active and the competitive level is very high.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:40 am

The Cow wrote:
Yoda wrote:
fattykid2000 wrote:50 moves son? Tats it dawg? I gree wit da Cow her....

Fatkid

Congrats Cow. Fatkid agrees with you.[/quote

I always knew fattykid was da boss! Boss smart that fattykid. Like me I bet fattykid learned his fantasy ball on the streets. We is street smart.

The Cow

Ask Art Vandelay or The Loveable Losers, they know firsthand about the fatkid's fantasy prowess. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:57 am

The Cow wrote: $5 Ho's come with a price.

The Cow

Hopefully this isn't a live draft :-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:55 am

mweir145 wrote:
The Cow wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Congrats Cow. Fatkid agrees with you.[/quote

I always knew fattykid was da boss! Boss smart that fattykid. Like me I bet fattykid learned his fantasy ball on the streets. We is street smart.

The Cow

Ask Art Vandelay or The Loveable Losers, they know firsthand about the fatkid's fantasy prowess. :-b

He is easily the luckiest fantasy baseball player I've ever come across.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers