Logan Morrison - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Logan Morrison

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Logan Morrison

Postby MaudDib » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:20 pm

Does anyone know what the future looks like for this guy. He tore it up last season but was that a hitters league? He doesn't have the best lefty/righty splits. Florida does have a history of moving guys pretty quick so if he keeps up what he is doing than he could see some MLB time. Also he played at Maple Woods College which can also claim Albert Pujols. Any chance this isn't a coincedence?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Logan Morrison

Postby San D » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Everywhere I've read loves his future. He's pegged as a high average hitter with lots of patience. The question is if he's a 20+ HR guy or a 30+ HR guy.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby cardinal1975 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:30 pm

I think with Morrison he has proved he has 20 homerun power and could hit 30 homeruns in his prime as he drives the ball to the opposite field very well. I think he should hit around or above .300 with good OBP's and 20-30 homerun power depending upon his luck that particular year. He is no Pujols but he should be a very good player very soon. ;-D
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jimpage » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:06 pm

MaudDib wrote:Does anyone know what the future looks like for this guy. He tore it up last season but was that a hitters league? He doesn't have the best lefty/righty splits. Florida does have a history of moving guys pretty quick so if he keeps up what he is doing than he could see some MLB time. Also he played at Maple Woods College which can also claim Albert Pujols. Any chance this isn't a coincedence?

actually the FSL is a big time pitchers league, not to mention morrisons home park is one of the best pitchers parks in the league...thats the good...the bad is that he had an unsustainable .377 BABIP, so i dont think the .332 avg is a great indicator, but he does have good bb/k rates and more power than his statistics show...by comparison, his slg was .494 in the FSL and his slg was .688 in AFL...he wont see mlb in 09, if anyone in the marlins system jumps up to play 1B in the bigs it would probably be gaby sanchez, who won the southern league mvp
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:23 pm

jimpage wrote:
MaudDib wrote:Does anyone know what the future looks like for this guy. He tore it up last season but was that a hitters league? He doesn't have the best lefty/righty splits. Florida does have a history of moving guys pretty quick so if he keeps up what he is doing than he could see some MLB time. Also he played at Maple Woods College which can also claim Albert Pujols. Any chance this isn't a coincedence?

actually the FSL is a big time pitchers league, not to mention morrisons home park is one of the best pitchers parks in the league...thats the good...the bad is that he had an unsustainable .377 BABIP, so i dont think the .332 avg is a great indicator, but he does have good bb/k rates and more power than his statistics show...by comparison, his slg was .494 in the FSL and his slg was .688 in AFL...he wont see mlb in 09, if anyone in the marlins system jumps up to play 1B in the bigs it would probably be gaby sanchez, who won the southern league mvp

Jimpage pretty much nailed most of what I would say. Marlins will most likely let him have a full season in the minors next year in AA and maybe some AAA time depending on how he fairs. He doesn't have much standing in his way, so he could be full time 1B starting end next year/beginning of 2010. Also he defiantly has 30+ hr power, that's never been in doubt, more so his AVG has been but he has made improvements in that area (though he obviously won't keep up his gaudy BABIP from last year).
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby nate128 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 pm

Before his big season this year I was reading that scouts felt he was a 30 hr .300 hitter. I snagged him in one of the last rounds of my dynasty prospect draft last year and will certainly enjoy seeing him mash his way to the Marlins first base in 2010.
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nate128 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Here is something I found on rotowire today:

"Morrison, who's been invited to attend spring training with the big club, could get a look in left field, the Miami Herald reports.

Morrison isn't likely to be able to handle the position defensively, but the Marlins have a habit of keeping their options open with their prospects. The important thing here is that the club seems to be fast-tracking Morrison, which could mean a late 2009 big league debut if his bat holds up at Double-A."
nate128
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball