Fantasy points vs. 5x5 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy points vs. 5x5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy points vs. 5x5

Postby TheRock » Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:14 pm

Ok guys,

It seems most people play 5x5 nowadays. Yahoos free leagues are now 5x5 (in H2H anyway). CBS still points I believe. I'm resisting making the change and wanted to give people the opportunity to convince me.

I've always played points and can't imagine having a team of kick a$$ hitters and losing because someone else had 2 steals to my 1. Sure trying to do well in many categories takes more strategy I suppose, but aren't some categories more indicative of value than others? Sure, WHIP is nice, but if it doesn't translate to team wins is it worth having? And HR's and OPS do a hell of a lot more for a team and player than steals.

So, 5x5'ers. Tell me why 5x5?
TheRock

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jnr98 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:07 pm

I'm a H2H FP player personally. I like the reward of all aspects of the game (including more points for extra base hits, pts for walks, etc.) is better than 5 categories. I find it more fun than, like you said, having to rely on some no hit/good speed guy to get me an extra steal.

I understand that 5x5 is more "traditional", but I find that FP scoring is better for the H2H setup.
You may remember him as Joe the Policeman from the "What's Goin' Down?" episode of That's My Momma! Please welcome, Jackson Heights' own, Mr. Randy Watson! Sexual Chocolate!!!
jnr98
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:26 pm

Points is better and more customizeable. For example in hockey, you can make a win 2 points and a tie 1 point whereas in category format the teams with more ties gets the point even though the other team actually was better with more wins, but it's still 1-1. Anyways, I play categories since it's all Yahoo offers for baseball.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers