Halloween Costumes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Halloween Costumes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Halloween Costumes

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:12 pm

wake wrote:Just as long as no one dresses up as Quail Man. My roommates and I used to have competitions to see who could find the most Quail Men when we went out on Halloween night. It amazes me that it always seems to be the most popular costume considering how long Doug has been off the air.

Reminds me of when I was at school. Dude dresses up as Quail Man and tries to get into a party. He's immediately told that he sucks and to go home. He was devastated. Kinda sucked for him, but watching a drunk idiot wearing whitey tighties over his shorts and a belt on his head almost cry was pretty funny to say the least.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby markj11 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 pm

Metroid wrote:HA! I think I am that old man(33 in January), I haven't watched Nick since Double Dare. :-D

NIce, me too (9th), I loved that show.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:55 pm

How about Wild and Crazy Kids or Legend of the Hidden Temple? Or Global Guts?

Nickelodeon at that time was awesome. Doug, Clarissa Explains it All, Secret World of Alex Mack, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude... and of course the granddaddy of them all although it was on a few years before all of those, You Can't Do That on Television. It all went downhill around the time Rugrats went on the air.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:57 pm

jfg wrote:How about Wild and Crazy Kids or Legend of the Hidden Temple? Or Global Guts?

Nickelodeon at that time was awesome. Doug, Clarissa Explains it All, Secret World of Alex Mack, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude... and of course the granddaddy of them all although it was on a few years before all of those, You Can't Do That on Television. It all went downhill around the time Rugrats went on the air.

I didn't have cable when all this was on. :-/ I missed out on a lot of fun kid TV, seems like.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm

knapplc wrote:
jfg wrote:How about Wild and Crazy Kids or Legend of the Hidden Temple? Or Global Guts?

I didn't have cable when all this was on. :-/ I missed out on a lot of fun kid TV, seems like.

Nickelodeon was awesome when those shows were on. Definitely a great group there.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby markj11 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Nickelodeon was awesome when those shows were on. Definitely a great group there.

IDK
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Old_Style » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm pretty sure Rugrats went on the air around the same time all of those other shows went on.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Yeah, I think you're right, but it didn't get really big until after those shows went off the air. It was always the weak link and it ended up being on for a really long time... I think it went into the 00's.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:27 pm

I'll be dressing up as Indiana Jones at work tomorrow, and going out tomorrow night as the Joker. ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk