Diplomacy 2.0 (Finished) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Diplomacy 2.0 (Finished)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Diplomacy 2.0 (Finished)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:30 am

w00t

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:32 am

If anyone was wondering how I feel about this, it's rather.... unsatisfying. If I was in Mookie's shoes, I would have turned on my allies and taken the win for myself. B-)
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby bleach168 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:33 am

ThatDude wrote:This is me signing up for the next game.

I'm probably going to wait until '09 before I mod another one. That doesn't mean someone else can't mod one in the meantime. ;-)
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby ThatDude » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:36 am

bleach168 wrote:If anyone was wondering how I feel about this, it's rather.... unsatisfying. If I was in Mookie's shoes, I would have turned on my allies and taken the win for myself. B-)

For realz. In fact, I sent him a message saying exactly that right after England handed him the game by moving into Italy.

Basically suggested to him that since the door had been opened up wide enough to drive a planet through, he finish it off quickly so we could start another game.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ThatDude » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 am

bleach168 wrote:
ThatDude wrote:This is me signing up for the next game.

I'm probably going to wait until '09 before I mod another one. That doesn't mean someone else can't mod one in the meantime. ;-)

I'd definitely be up for modding one, but I really want to play another before I do that. I gots the fever.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am

bleach168 wrote:If anyone was wondering how I feel about this, it's rather.... unsatisfying. If I was in Mookie's shoes, I would have turned on my allies and taken the win for myself. B-)

So... You're a dirtbag. :-D Good to know. ;-)

Mookie and I had agreed early on that we weren't going to backstab each other (and we both believed it and trusted each other completely), which made for an interesting game. We really were working as one unit through the entire game. Early on we thought we were just going to steamroll the whole continent and eventually call it a 17-17 tie. It just seemed to us that if we worked together the whole game and then one of us had to stab the other in order to win, it would kind of be anticlimactic.

Unfortunately Ken messed all that up, but he eventually came to his senses. B-) After that we had to decide whether all three of us tied or we turned on Ken, and in the end we decided not to stab him. :-b

Anyway, good game everyone and thanks for modding bleach. ;-D

Hey KC, how's that Governor of Constantinople position working out? O:-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:50 am

:-t

Lamest ending eva. I'm glad I decided to leave the game in '04, but I'm still ashamed of being part of this game. }:-)

Congrats to those who didn't agree in ending the game in a ménage à trois.

Thanks to bleach for modding the game. Wonderful job. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:08 am

So that really was a Disney ending wasn't it? :-D

First, all of the credit for any success I had in this game is owed to BP. I had never played before, only skimmed the rules and didn't have a ton of time. I gave him all of my orders to look over and he stopped me from screwing up every turn. Also, I didn't need to backstab anyone. I used to play a lot of risk and I could usually win without breaking alliances. I don't really feel good about backstabbing someone over a game. I do admit though that the Juggernaut took some of the strategy and fun out of the game but that's the reason that the strategy write-ups say you have to gang up on the Juggernaut very early in the game.

Anywho, fun game all and thanks again for modding bleach. I'm up for another game but I'm getting laser eye surgery next Thursday and I won't be able to read anything for 2 days, if you can live with that I'm up for another game.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Re: Diplomacy 2.0 (Spring 1910)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:18 am

ThatDude wrote:Vote : End It

Nobody wins, and I somehow finish 2nd.

congrats on the second place finish :-]
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby wake » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Mookie4ever wrote: Also, I didn't need to backstab anyone. I used to play a lot of risk and I could usually win without breaking alliances. I don't really feel good about backstabbing someone over a game.

:,-(

I ended up getting backstabbed by all three of the players who were content with sharing a win.

As for the ending, I don't mind BP and Mookie sharing a draw too much since they were in it together from the beginning, but there was no reason to include England in that.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk